Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: B-Scene Predictions: Khan or Maidana For 'May Day'?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: B-Scene Predictions: Khan or Maidana For 'May Day'?

From the moment Floyd Mayweather revealed his 2014 itinerary to include fight dates on May 3 and September 13, the immediate question that sprang to mind was, ‘Who will be next?’

Speculation ramped up right around the time former 140 lb. titlist Amir Khan pulled out of a scheduled title fight versus then welterweight titlist Devon Alexander. Had the Brit stayed the course and went through with the scheduled fight last December, he stood a very good chance of being crowned a two-division titlist.

Instead, he watched Shawn Porter step in and collect the belt along with a career-best win.

The withdrawal didn’t mean much at the time, as Khan believed he had the May 3 date all sown up.

Then came Marcos Maidana.

The Argentine tough guy pulled off a major upset in mid-December, dropping and pummeling previously unbeaten Adrien Broner to the tune of a wide points win. The feat not only netted him a welterweight belt, but also created a major buzz to where Mayweather had a serious decision to make as to whom he would choose as his next opponent, and when to make that announcement.

So serious, that it’s been more than two months, with nothing more than worldwide speculation produced seemingly on a daily basis.

While the sport’s pound-for-pound and box-office king celebrates his 37th birthday on Monday, the boxing world hopes to make a wish for him as he blows out his birthday candles – that wish being an official announcement for whom will stand opposite corner on May at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. [Click Here To Read More]

Fully expect Maidana to be announced- Khan also seems to have withdrawn from the race. Could easily be changed though.

Comment

Don't really care anymore to be honest

Comment

I hope its Marcos! Khan ran his mouth entirely to much instead of sitting back and letting it happen

Comment

I think it will be Maidana

Comment

At this point, I don't really care. They're both half-assed fights which will need am attractive undercard.

I'm hoping Mayweather Jr, pulls a rabbit out of his ass and names a serious opponent we never would have expected.

Comment

Looks like it will be Maidana, Khan overplayed his hand and talked way to much bs in the media constantly. Maidana kept it low key and let Mayweather be the boss like he is accustomed to. The more **** Khan talks the less likely he is to get the fight in the future. I would love to be wrong and see Mayweather v Lara with an awesome undercard of Maidana v Khan 2 and Paulie v Broner 2 and Mares as well can see that selling amazingly well considering the fan bases of all the above mentioned fighters

Comment

I think people would be happy if Floyd announced he would fight Porter and have Maidana-Khan II on the undercard. Winner gets Floyd in September.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                  I think people would be happy if Floyd announced he would fight Porter and have Maidana-Khan II on the undercard. Winner gets Floyd in September.
                  thurman>>porter

Comment

Floyd vs golovkin for may 3
                    Broner vs kovalev on the undercard.

Comment

Working...
                    X