No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Discusses The Mayweather-Koncz Meeting in Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Discusses The Mayweather-Koncz Meeting in Vegas

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum has confirmed that Manny Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz met with Floyd Mayweather Jr at his gym in Las Vegas but both Arum and Koncz didn’t disclose what Koncz and Mayweather discussed.

[Click Here To Read More]

The more I listen to Arum over the years, the more I'm beginning to understand "Arum-speak" and how he ties in facts with generalities but never specifics. Simple game of show and tell with these quotes. He's showing us everything (for the smart ones) and telling us nothing. You don't want Ellerbe involved? These muther****ers are trying to avoid the fight yet AGAIN.

Comment

the fight is going to happen, relax. if you notice more and more there is more info floating around about "talks". Boxing is a hell of a business and their certainly not going to give the public what they want right away without some hype and frustrations first. anyone who thinks this fight wont happen should stop watching boxing. it amazes me people actually either think floyd is ducking manny, or manny is ducking floyd. its clear as glass this is all hype for the benjamins. no one is afraid of anyone lol, they're professional fighters!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
        the fight is going to happen, relax. if you notice more and more there is more info floating around about "talks". Boxing is a hell of a business and their certainly not going to give the public what they want right away without some hype and frustrations first. anyone who thinks this fight wont happen should stop watching boxing. it amazes me people actually either think floyd is ducking manny, or manny is ducking floyd. its clear as glass this is all hype for the benjamins. no one is afraid of anyone lol, they're professional fighters!
        A lot of it is coming from Arum, and it doesn't sound real. It sounds like publicity moves after the backlash of saying "Pacquiao wants a fourth Marquez fight" rather than earnest attempts to contact Floyd or Golden Boy and make the fight.

I would have agreed with you a year ago that this fight was definitely going to happen, but it's pretty obvious that won't happen unless Pacquiao grows a set and starts telling Arum what to do, which he won't. Either Pac is scared, he's a freaking ******, or he is on PEDs and Arum will out him if he doesn't do what Arum says.

Comment

how dare you come on here and make sense

Comment

There isn't a single quote from the fighters in that article. This is about what Arum is saying, not whether Manny is scared or Floyd is scared or whatever.

Comment

Koncz just wanted to take pictures

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                The more I listen to Arum over the years, the more I'm beginning to understand "Arum-speak" and how he ties in facts with generalities but never specifics. Simple game of show and tell with these quotes. He's showing us everything (for the smart ones) and telling us nothing. You don't want Ellerbe involved? These muther****ers are trying to avoid the fight yet AGAIN.
                Absolutely, man.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  A lot of it is coming from Arum, and it doesn't sound real. It sounds like publicity moves after the backlash of saying "Pacquiao wants a fourth Marquez fight" rather than earnest attempts to contact Floyd or Golden Boy and make the fight.

I would have agreed with you a year ago that this fight was definitely going to happen, but it's pretty obvious that won't happen unless Pacquiao grows a set and starts telling Arum what to do, which he won't. Either Pac is scared, he's a freaking ******, or he is on PEDs and Arum will out him if he doesn't do what Arum says.
                  you seriously think it wont happen?!?! LOL! i suppose its just in the media for over 3 years just for fun then? come on man, any real boxing fans that also follows the behind the curtain aspects of the game knows this fight will inevitably 100% happen. this is how it ALWAYS goes down before big fights, this one just happens to be more publicized because of the outburst of fans of pac, and the outburst of haters for may. they are gonna milk every second that they can to get the most bang for their buck. their businessmen first, fighters second, and neither are stupid, and neither are scared. no way in hell does this fight not happen. they have no choice, everyone in the world knows it...

Comment

Arum said the same kind of thing last time. He's just going throw the motions setting up his stall so he can take as little blame as possible when negotiations fall through.

Comment

Working...
                    X