Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Does Mike Tyson Rank As An ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i understand that louis is a better atg than tyson but are ppl here arguing the fact that a weak chined, easy to hit, flat footed cruiserweight is gona destroy a fast, powerful, good chined 220 pound HW swarmer. Tyson took some mean uppercuts from ruddock and louis gets knocked down from a fat brawler from the pub tony galento. R.....Reeeeaallly?

This fat guy was landing lead left hooks against louis. sayin that tho i wouldnt say louis had a glass chin like wlad, louis recovered alot quicker
    Last edited by likeamulekick; 01-16-2013, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post

Against an all time great. You don't want us to put up a Gif of Tyson being battered by Danny Williams
      Last edited by res; 01-16-2013, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Don't think I'd rank him as an ATG overall, ATG heavyweight? Yes.

Why am I seeing knockdown statistics?

Comment

• Originally posted by res View Post
          Against an all time great. You don't want us to put up a Gif of Tyson being battered by Danny Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso
            How about a little history fact here so you understand the facts;
            Tony "Two Ton" GAlento Heavyweight Contender fought from 1922 - 1944!
            Pro record 80W (57 KO)....26L (tkoL6) draw5 50% KO rate....

Joe Louis gave Tony a shot against the advices of many because of Tony's dirty tatics. He would eye thumb, arm cradle an arm and add pressure to the elbow, hit kidneys (with ref out of position) and head butt!'Tony had a series of wins against "winning fighters" and was in line for a top ranked bout so Joe gave it to him. Theres no fluke about Louis going down because Tony knocked out 50% of his opponents and scored knock downs "all the time"!!
            He was stopped 6 times out of 26 defeats and thats saying something back in the day when you fought All Comers!
            Now I'm not selling Tony as the 4th greatest heavyweight of all time but just because he had no style or boxing techniques doesn't mean he wasn't a serious man to get in the ring!! If you knew anything about the men from that era your avitar name might be "TwoTon Bomb" you idiot!!!
            Love to see you in the ring with that maniac, he'd hold a mug a beer in one hand and kick your butt with the other! Heres to Two Ton Tony!
            Ray.
            U obviosly got gd knowledge on tony but nothing you said makes any point to what i said. So hes dirty? he wasnt dirty in that fight. 26 losses fighting all the time. tyson alot less and also fighting alot. 50% ko rate, tony a serious man to get in the ring with? wot was tysons ratio and tysons not a serious man to fight. i know this is used alot but its the most valid, styles makes fight. this guy tony was fat and slow and landing on louis with lead left hooks. The only thing that wud bother tyson is louis's hard uppercuts, which i gave an e.g of ruddock. and im not tyson bomb. If anything man ur brown nosing the brown bomber

Comment

• Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
              One of my favs >>>>>

Please Daddy! I'll be a good boy!

Comment

• My comment was for tysonBomb NOT you! Hense the Two Ton Bomb instead of the TysonBomb!!! Get it??? Ray

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                  One of my favs >>>>>

Please Daddy! I'll be a good boy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    The "old Max Schmelling" was 30 when he beat Joe, lol. Knockdowns don't mean nearly as much as you think. A knockdown usually costs you one point in scoring. All that really matters is who won. Joe Louis loost ONE fight in his prime. If you say the same thing about Tyson, it's only because his prime was over at 24, which doesn't make you ATG material.
                    As usual you prove you don't know anything

Schmeling was at the end of his career and had already been a pro for over 12 years. A 192 lb washed up former champion gave Louis the beating of his life and KOed him. It was full of Louis hitting the canvas and being KD, proving how great his "chin" was.

Tyson didn't care much after beating Spinks and started to coast. He even considered retirement after the Spinks fight ... and if he did retire his legacy would've easily been greater than Joe Louis's. Tyson is better than Louis in every conceivable facet of the sport. He also never lost in his prime, like Joe Louis.

Tyson was KOed by Williams after he blew out his knee in the first round ... and he still fought on like a lion for 3 more rounds. He took an excess of 20 punches before finally falling from injury and exhaustion while Louis was punches through the ropes likes a rag doll by a 184 lb crusier.

Comment

• Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
                      i understand that louis is a better atg than tyson but are ppl here arguing the fact that a weak chined, easy to hit, flat footed cruiserweight is gona destroy a fast, powerful, good chined 220 pound HW swarmer. Tyson took some mean uppercuts from ruddock and louis gets knocked down from a fat brawler from the pub tony galento. R.....Reeeeaallly?

This fat guy was landing lead left hooks against louis. sayin that tho i wouldnt say louis had a glass chin like wlad, louis recovered alot quicker
                      These people are morons. Tyson is better than Louis at everything. Louis was never known as a particularly fast heavyweight nor was he reputed for his chin and durability.

He was known for combination punching and accuracy, something that Tyson is also better at. Louis could throw good combos and was on target most of the time, but Tyson was throwing ungodly things at obscene speeds on target.

Comment

Working...
                      X