Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Like it or Not, Andre, Carl Froch Holds The Cards at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Like it or Not, Andre, Carl Froch Holds The Cards at 168

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - We can all agree on one thing these days. It’s pretty damned good to be Carl Froch.

Not only is the 35-year-old Englishman in the prime of his athletic career at a shredded 168 pounds, but he’s undeniably one of the best in the world at his chosen profession.

And lest we forget, he’s a father who goes home each night to both a new baby daughter and one of the world’s most intoxicatingly beautiful mothers, magazine cover girl Rachael Cordingley.

If you’re one of the three males who haven’t done it already, do yourself a favor and Google her.

You’ll thank me – and envy him – at the same time.

But for the purposes of this discussion, let’s just concentrate on items one and two.

As Froch proved again simply by showing up Saturday in London, he continues to defy all norms in terms of conditioning – shedding a T-shirt to reveal a ripped and ready physique prior to his 33rd pro fight.

While others his age battle discipline and soar through weight classes, Froch has been within 4¼ pounds of the super middle limit for every single one of his pro outings – and hasn’t weighed in north of the 168-pound threshold at all since toppling Belarusian Dmitry Adamovich in two rounds nine years ago. [Click Here To Read More]

Keep begging Ward.

Comment

The first win WAS decisive. Ward is just too good and too much of a gentleman for his own good in this game. But to say "he needs Froch" is just stupid writing. Perhaps Ward doesnt care about what you think is a good payday, because thats all fighting in the UK is - a payday, there will be no doubt to the viewers who would actually win the rematch as these guys could fight 20 times and there would always be just 1 winner. Ward is too fast, technical and difficult to hit. Froch, for all his grit and heart, is just too slow for Ward and way too open to be hit. No venue is going to change these dynamics so stop with the stupid articles. Ward doesnt need Froch. We all saw the first fight. Who needs to see that schooling again? If a proud guy like Froch admits defeat to you in the ring you KNOW he did a number on him in there. Be serious.
      Last edited by rzagza; 05-28-2013, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rzagza View Post
        The first win WAS decisive. Ward is just too good and too much of a gentleman for his own good in this game. But to say "he needs Froch" is just stupid writing. Perhaps Ward doesnt care about what you think is a good payday, because thats all fighting in the UK is - a payday, there will be no doubt to the viewers who would actually win the rematch as these guys could fight 20 times and there would always be just 1 winner. Ward is too fast, technical and difficult to hit. Froch, for all his grit and heart, is just too slow for Ward and way too open to be hit. No venue is going to change these dynamics so stop with the stupid articles. Ward doesnt need Froch. We all saw the first fight. Who needs to see that schooling again? If a proud guy like Froch admits defeat to you in the ring you KNOW he did a number on him in there. Be serious.
        real talk!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

This is ******ed! Ward doesn't need Froch. He already beat him and I can't see any scenario where Froch beats him. I don't see anyone beating him right now.

Froch wants revenge but I don't think even he beleives he can win. Don't get me wrong I like Froch. I have nothing against him, Ward is just too good!

Comment

Wah Wah, Ward doesn't need froch, wah wah

Lmao, Cool it's all good.

Who's up for Ward vs Anthony Mundine in Oakland!

Comment

this is some biased bull****. The champ never needs a contender. It's always the other way around. Froch can fight all top 5s and beat them all, and he will still be Ward's gatekeeper as long has he doesn't avenge it. Ward can squash bums if the rest will not fight him, or move up and no one can say ****.

Comment

Ward fought Froch on the other side of the country with basically no home advantage 3000 miles away. It's not like he beat Froch because he fought him in his backyard. Atlantic City is about as far as you can get away from Oakland and still be in the same country. No, Ward schooled Froch because he is just better...faster...sharper...better inside...better defensively....better everything. The crowd would oooh and ahhh every time Froch throws some wild **** in Ward's direction while Ward would just put on a masterclass and sharpshoot him all night with lead right hands and left hooks.

Comment

The truth is, like it or not, NOBODY cares about Ward. NOBODY.

Just a few muppets online who get illegal streams anyway.

There is no MONEY in Andre Ward, he is boring in the ring, he has no personality

I know all the hardcores are going to go off "he got tha skills dat pay tha bills"

Well sure, he does, we seen it. Everyone seen it, and nobody cares.

Ward has 2 options, either dance to the tune of Froch and Hearn or, go elsewhere cap in hand and try get paid, it's on him but don't make out he's some star because he isn't.

Comment

In Fact Hearn and Froch should actually make him dance for a fight.

"Dance, Andre, Sing for your supper"

Bwahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                    X