No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire on NIshioka: This is The Guy I Wanted at 122

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire on NIshioka: This is The Guy I Wanted at 122

WBO/IBF junior featherweight champion Nonito Donaire is currently winding down his training camp for his October 13th showdown against Toshiaki Nishioka. Donaire appeared on a recent edition of The Boxing Lab, BoxingScene's official audio show to talk about the upcoming fight that many pundits feel will decide who is the best fighter in the division.

[Click Here To Read More]

I have a feeling Nishi is going to surprise Nonito.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
      I get the feeling too but then I get hit by reality and realize Nishioka is 36 years old and had a 1 year lay off. Asians do take good care of themselves so maybe the guy still has some fight left in him. Let's see what happens.
      Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 10-05-2012, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        I get the feeling too but then I get hit by reality and realize Nishioka is 36 years old and had a 1 year lay off. Asians do take good care of themselves so maybe the guy still has some fight left in him. Let's see what happens.
        Hes a veteran I think he'll be ok

Comment

Yeah the same way he surprised us all against Rafael Marquez, fighting a close fight with a way past it fighter.

Comment

Surprise? If Nishioka wins it will be no surprise!!! He's rated number 1 at 122 by The Ring Magazine and has been the best at 122 since Israel Vasquez left the division!!! Having said that, I do favor Donaire because of his youth and speed. It should be a very interesting fight, though.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Yeah the same way he surprised us all against Rafael Marquez, fighting a close fight with a way past it fighter.
              Different fight different style

Comment

Nishioka is no joke, a class fighter. he's impressed me since his fight with Munroe - i remember some Brits actually thought Munroe would win and he was dominated pillar to post with a master boxer.

you can never underestimate these guys just because they arent running their mouths or talking to the media.

This dude stays quiet and humble and doesnt try to promote himself, but he's the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  he is 36, but a lot of guys can still maintain it at that age

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
                  Hes a veteran I think he'll be ok
                  same here, I don't think Nonito is gonna steamroll him

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  not every fight can be a highlight reel KO. Nonito went the distance is his last outing. besides, rafael is always tough. hasn't been that long since Nishi TKO'd Jhonny Gonzales.

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
                  Surprise? If Nishioka wins it will be no surprise!!! He's rated number 1 at 122 by The Ring Magazine and has been the best at 122 since Israel Vasquez left the division!!! Having said that, I do favor Donaire because of his youth and speed. It should be a very interesting fight, though.
                  I can't wait. I am not picking a winner. Just going to wait and see.

Comment

can't wait for this fight. should be a good scrap.

Comment

Working...
                    X