Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” — Pacquiao/Marquez: Fourth and For All

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” — Pacquiao/Marquez: Fourth and For All

by David P. Greisman - It was not very long ago that the biggest bouts of the year would dominate all discussion for months before fight night. They were black holes that drew everything toward them. Little else seemed to matter.

Today is November 19, less than three weeks away from one of the biggest bouts of the year. The conversation concerning the fourth fight between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez has only now begun.

That should be surprising.

Pacquiao and Marquez are two of the best fighters in the sport, in their generation and of all time. They have headlined on pay-per-views and in packed arenas. They have entertained millions and earned millions while doing so. And they have done this three times against each other.

They have history. They have a rivalry.

It’s not surprising, though, precisely because we’ve seen them before — and because we need good reason to want to see them more. [Click Here To Read More]

I hope this ends in a knockout. I don't even care who gets knocked out. Please god, I don't want to see a 5th fight.

Comment

100% agreed....the thought of seeing a fourth one is only surpassed by a fifth...

I have one unrelated question, some, probably Mexican fans can answer.

Can you tell me the brand of boxing shoes that JCC sr. used to wear, against M Taylor and others? They are high top, with three vertical stripes joined by a border across the top, curved logo edges? They seem to be popular with Mexican boxers and those from the west coast, thanks in advance

Comment

This will be Pac's second loss in a row. Something that will tell Floyd the time is NOW!

Comment

just to clarify, Im not in the least interested in a 4th or 5th fight.

hypocrite or not tho, I will still watch

Comment

Pac just keeps beating that ass, but JMM keeps coming back for more. Shows how giving Pac is, JMM is some kind of charity case, and Pac wants to give JMM another chance.

Nearly winning 3 fights but still gives JMM another chance. Pac is special breed of fighter.

Comment

I hope someone wins decisively... Pac has to know that he will lose if he doesn't get a KO, the judges won't give him this one since he got all the other ones

Comment

I must say that Pac must KO JMM or the judges will give the fight to JMM as a consolation prize.

In my opinion the greatest commentary is Jim Lampley , Larry Merchant and Roy Jones JR ,,,,EVER !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by denix View Post
                  This will be Pac's second loss in a row. Something that will tell Floyd the time is NOW!
                  You mean, Bob will no longer need to protect Pac and finally cash him out to Floyd.

Comment

When Pac was a boxer, handing out turkeys as charity is a great publicity move. Now as a politician, that same kindness can be ripped to shreds by his political opponents. It's easy for politicians to spin your charitable events into political attacks.

Comment

Working...
                    X