No announcement yet.

In-fighting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-fighting

i know this doesnt match the thread name..but i dont know what to call it, so yeah, i am an in-fighter with short reach so i am forced to duck/step or slip/step to go inside my opponent, problem is, i dont have enough speed in my legs or explosiveness to step in after the slip or duck fast, so any drills for that? i tried slip/step and duck/step with weight bands on my leg, 5 kgs, i also do step jumps and squat jumps. now another thing is, what is a good way to close the distance other than combos or duck/weave/bob+step? i need all the help i can get since i have a tournament coming is 36 days qualifying for world champ *not boxing tho..kickboxing...but yeah, close enough* thanks in advance!

Originally posted by TheSpartan View Post
    i know this doesnt match the thread name..but i dont know what to call it, so yeah, i am an in-fighter with short reach so i am forced to duck/step or slip/step to go inside my opponent, problem is, i dont have enough speed in my legs or explosiveness to step in after the slip or duck fast, so any drills for that? i tried slip/step and duck/step with weight bands on my leg, 5 kgs, i also do step jumps and squat jumps. now another thing is, what is a good way to close the distance other than combos or duck/weave/bob+step? i need all the help i can get since i have a tournament coming is 36 days qualifying for world champ *not boxing tho..kickboxing...but yeah, close enough* thanks in advance!
    I hope some of these drills help

Comment

For developing explosiveness in your lower body, you cannot go wrong with squats or power cleans. If you have no weights, try pistol squats. You want maximum range of motion, and you want to blast to the top as fast as you can, in a controlled manner.

Comment

Working...
      X