No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz: "Maidana Can Rematch Me at 147lbs"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MXboxingfan View Post
    Sounds like he is the one running scared from Marcos Maidana.
    I don't think he wants any of Maidana, yet, the more and more I see it, Berto seems more dangerous than Maidana was to Ortiz, and I don't even consider Berto a "killer" really.

Should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by MXboxingfan View Post
      Sounds like he is the one running scared from Marcos Maidana.
      Judging from his fight night weight vs Peterson, 156lbs, doesn't look like he's running scared from anybody at 140, looks like he's avoiding being weight drained which is a smart move. Besides, Berto>Maidana imo. I wouldn't call it avoiding when you're fighting some one bigger, faster, and better. I give Oritz a much better chance beating Maidana at 140-147 than Berto.

Comment

LMAO @ Maidana's response:

@ChinoMaidana Victor Ortiz says that I've ducked him? That he is in my nightmares?? Is he mentally healthy? I can recommend him a good shrink...

Comment

In all fairness Maidana didnt want the rematch with Ortiz, It didnt make sense to him it was a high risk and no reward, so probably that is why Ortiz is running his mouth like that....
          everybody is immature at one point still like the kid....

Comment

Get'em! .

Comment

@ChinoMaidana Is it just me or Ortiz quit like a baby when we met in he ring? Victor, you better focus on Berto

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerjab View Post
                In all fairness Maidana didnt want the rematch with Ortiz, It didnt make sense to him it was a high risk and no reward, so probably that is why Ortiz is running his mouth like that....
                I think Maidana should give Ortiz his rematch before asking Khan for a rematch. People overlook the fact that Ortiz vs Maidana was a war while it lasted, they overlook this because Ortiz way of quitting.

Anyways, if none of these rematches happen at 140, they will surely happen at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by 1believer View Post
                  yup Victor said this in an interview before. Still having nightmares about Maidana i see. Poor boy has lost his mind

I feel bad for Victor because you can see a lot of pain in his eyes with regard to his childhood. I think it has affected the man he could have been. All that self doubt is not something he wants to bring into the ring. What I see in this video, is Victor trying out a new persona and trying to psyche himself up into a new and improved Victor. I wish him well and will be rooting for Victor to KO Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerjab View Post
                    Actually Marcos Maidana did want the rematch. Marcos Maidana said, "I would be more than happy to give him the rematch since I know how to fight him now." Victor Ortiz however, decided to fight shot Antonio Díaz instead.

Comment

wow that interview shows a different Ortiz, straight talk, no jokes...let's hope this also appears in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X