No announcement yet.

cotto's jab

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VanillaBuron View Post
    why didnt he use it many ways against mayweather, his most recent fight. i thought yeeah cotto, u got him with a jab, what else you got. he had nothing else to offer then a stiff jab.

punch stats will put it as a jab
    And that is the problem with boxing fans nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      And that is the problem with boxing fans nowadays.
      i watched the fight like you...just saying bout the punch stats, it was a simple jab, ive seen andre ward use his jab as a power punch, but cotto's was just hmm, very accurate, not a power punch though.

where was cotto's left hooks, even through the guard, was it just 'not the right fight for the left hook'.

i wanted to see cotto compete but all he had was a damn jab. how you going to win a fight like that.

Comment

sometimes Cotto will thrust it out in a left lead, different from a left jab

Comment

Originally posted by MonsieurGeorges View Post
          sometimes Cotto will thrust it out in a left lead, different from a left jab
          why didnt he do this may 5th, when millions were watching him. he got him with the quick jab, thats it.

Comment

Lots of good fighters chose to fight with their power hand up front. De La Hoya, Winky Wright, Trinidad, Sonny Liston, Ortiz to name a few. Liston, Trinidad and Ortiz seem to have great power in both hands but Oscar rarely hurt anyone with his right and Winky didn't punch that hard with his left. Would they have been better off to stay in their natural stance? Hard to say.

Comment

why didnt he do this may 5th, when millions were watching him. he got him with the quick jab, thats it.
              He was following with right hands to the body. have you seen the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by NAPO View Post
                He was following with right hands to the body. have you seen the fight?
                yep, i saw mayweather put a beating on your man kneeguel.

cotto's right aint even worth talking about, its weak bro

Comment

yep, i saw mayweather put a beating on your man kneeguel.

cotto's right aint even worth talking about, its weak bro
                  END OF THREAD.

This ****** is not talking about boxing, just nuthugging.

(LMAO at the beating part)

Comment

cotto's jab kept him in the fight. unfortunately for him, thats all its capable of. a jab alone will only win u the fight if ur capable of outboxing your oppoenet. cotto is capable of outboxing most, but not floyd. he wasnt gonna win with his jab and only his jab. and to me, thats what ultimately told me this was a fight that he couldnt win.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      Lots of good fighters chose to fight with their power hand up front. De La Hoya, Winky Wright, Trinidad, Sonny Liston, Ortiz to name a few. Liston, Trinidad and Ortiz seem to have great power in both hands but Oscar rarely hurt anyone with his right and Winky didn't punch that hard with his left. Would they have been better off to stay in their natural stance? Hard to say.
                      Trinidad is left handed? 1st time I heard of this

Comment

Working...
                      X