No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Schaefer Shreds Arum, Bradley, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Schaefer Shreds Arum, Bradley, More

By Robert Morales - Promoter Bob Arum said as recently as late last month that, things were in motion regarding the possible Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Manny Pacquiao fight.

Richard Schaefer is CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, which has promoted Mayweather's past few fights. At one point Arum suggested that Schaefer was being left out of any Mayweather-Pacquiao talks, which angered Golden Boy in general. Schaefer assured BoxingScene.com that there is not one bit of negotiating currently taking place for this fight, in spite of Arum having said there are several companies that have come forward offering to finance what would be the biggest money-making fight in history.

"Bob Arum. Who the hell gives a s**t about Bob Arum?" Schaefer said. "He can say whatever he wants. I'm astonished that some media members still give credibility to what comes out of his mouth. What Arum is saying, it's pretty sad. He's such a liar.

"He is making up all these stories. He is fooling some of these media members over and over again. I couldn't care less what he says. He's lying and that's all I have to say about it. There are no negotiations; they don't want to do it. He is probably doing it to fool Pacquiao, to make him think there is something going on. There is nothing going on."

The Mayweather camp said it has reserved a May 5 date for Mayweather's next fight, and indicated it wanted Pacquiao to be the opponent. But it takes two to tango.

Leonard Ellerbe, Mayweather's adviser, did not return a call seeking comment. Arum is on holiday vacation, according to Top Rank Inc. spokesman Lee Samuels. [Click Here To Read More]

Russel Mora ignored fouls and failed to enforce the rules.

Joe Cooper enforced the rules and deducted a point after repeated warnings and deducted another point after his instruction was ignored.

I don't think Schaefer has much of a case but then again it's boxing, so maybe Schaefer will just buy a ruling in his favor from the IBF.

it's funny Khan has totally forgotten the WBA strap. they'd overturn that fight for a blow job and a c-note. ohh wait Marcos Maidana is the mandatory challenger and we all know Khan doesn't want anymore of that.

Comment

floyd: i want pac!
      pac: talk to my promoter.
      arum: on vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
        For the last two years I've been saying the same thing, Pacquiao and/or Arum don't want this fight. Two years ago they were supposedly close to an agreement then the 'infamous' testing issue arose and Pac team backed out. Due to Floyd UN-popularity it was easy lay the blame on him. Most zealous Pac fans/Floyd haters refuse to sort out the facts objectively. Arum is a LIAR, this every body knows and a convicted liar at that, but he's also a slick, smart, shrewd, brilliant and GREAT promoter. His lies have gotten him to where he is today. In my almost 50 years connected to this game I known plenty of promoters on all levels and lies go with the job, some are just better at it than others.
        Last edited by EZ E; 12-15-2011, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
          Arum: Negotiations are underway for Mayweather, we should have a deal soon.

*whispers* " Miguel get ready "

Comment

Bump.....

Originally posted by EZ E View Post
            For the last two years I've been saying the same thing, Pacquiao and/or Arum don't want this fight. Two years ago they were supposedly close to an agreement then the 'infamous' testing issue arose and Pac team backed out. Due to Floyd UN-popularity it was easy lay the blame on him. Most zealous Pac fans/Floyd haters refuse to sort out the facts objectively. Arum is a LIAR, this every body knows and a convicted liar at that, but he's also a slick, smart, shrewd, brilliant and GREAT promoter. His lies have gotten him to where he is today. In my almost 50 years connected to this game I known plenty of promoters on all levels and lies go with the job, some are just better at it than others.
            LIES !!

The negotiations are underway for Mayweather, we should have a deal soon.

~ Bob Arum

Comment

WAR Shaefer !!

LOL !!

Comment

Forget Joe Jackson, the *******s would believe Bob Arum if he said that he was negotiating with Michael Jackson. Lucky they are not Elvis fans, Arum might find that one a bit harder to pull off.

During the infamous " second " negotiations..... 6 people, belonging to 3 completely different business organisations, each of those people having first-hand information - 4 of whom would be ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL to that fight being made - ALL, categorically stated that..... "there were no official negotiations"..... so it is highly unlikely that the *******s will listen to Schaefer this time around.

Last time Schaefer laughed in his face and offered to take a lie detector test.

Comment

Let the re-building commence...Bradley is getting kinda funny know a days..

Comment

he just exposed arum for what he's trying to do. the sad thing is many boxing fans will continue to believe arum............@ the end of the day it's useless with some of these fans........

"He is making up all these stories. He is fooling some of these media members over and over again. I couldn't care less what he says. He's lying and that's all I have to say about it. There are no negotiations; they don't want to do it. He is probably doing it to fool Pacquiao, to make him think there is something going on. There is nothing going on."
                    Last edited by americanbot; 12-15-2011, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X