Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch Edges Andre Dirrell With Split Call Verdict

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=dom800;6396495]Half the people who post seem to be biased americans, and the other half who post know what there talking about...
    I hate to tell you,but a lot of British fans scored it for Dirrell as well as Americans.Im in Australia and owe no national loyalty towards either country,but I can say Dirrell won that and by at least 3-4 rounds min.
    I honestly beleive that when 2 boxers meet,it should be in a country that has no loyalty towards one fighter or the other....oh well.

Comment

• dirrell deserved the victory

apart from power, whatelse does Froch have in his locker? Nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slugger_P4P View Post
        whatelse does Froch have in his locker? Nothing.
        A towel, bar of a soap and a jock strap.

Comment

• Originally posted by dom800 View Post
          Half the people who post seem to be biased americans, and the other half who post know what there talking about...

Dirrell didnt want to fight, and he kept running away from the fight.

Froch deserved to win.
          If you don't post, no one would know you know nothing about boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Visitation View Post
            Close fight, very hard to score... I actually had it a draw. The SD might well have gone the other way had Dirrell been at 'home'. But those talking of "robbery" are, frankly, totally biased, blind or ******ed.

Dirrell just didn't do quite enough; you don't win fights by running, holding and landing a few clean blows. Aggression is a factor in scoring, too.
            Generally, you won't win a fight by running, holding, and landing a few clean blows. And, aggression is a factor in scoring. However, you will win a fight by running, holding, and landing a few clean blows if the opposition swings and whiffs dozens of times throughout the fight, lands no more than 15 clean shots the entire fight, while you land half of what you threw, significantly more jabs, and significantly more power shots. And, aggression is, or ought to be factored in scoring when it is effective, much like punching.

So, Dirrell threw effective punches, kept out of range, and clinched after throwing combinations or when Froch rushed in, while Froch threw overwhelmingly ineffective punches, offered ineffective aggression, and had no answer for Dirrell's hand speed. Were it not for the ridiculous scoring, this would be the story of the fight.
            Last edited by AnthrAxNSB; 10-18-2009, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Šemise View Post
              A towel, bar of a soap and a jock strap.
              nise signature demise! that haye knocking valuevs head off is hilarious! i tell you for a guy who has done really nothing in the division sure can stir up ****! first the klitschkos & now valuev.Right on! i actually enjoy haye & his antics.I didnt like him for a long time but he cracks me up.the best self promoter in boxing hands down!

Comment

• sour science

Originally posted by mrbigshot View Post
                dirrell won this fight, yes he held and ran abit but does not mayweather do the same thing?????

dirrell landed the cleaner blows, dirrell fought with clean aggression and froch fouled the **** out fo dirrell with blows to the back of the head

the ref was one of the worst i have seen it was hugely contradictoral of him taking a point off dirrell

i dont really like froch, cant warm to him in the extent that i do think he is over rated and i do think he is an arrogant f**king prick!!! saying dirrell was negative did he not see the clean blows that dirrell landed

the sweet science is to hit and not to be hit!!

dirrell won a clean ud decision
                Originally posted by Philfy View Post
                Froch was publically exposed in this fight. When I say "exposed", I mean in the sense that he was shown up as a somewhat one dimensional fighter. Dirrell had the style and versatility to beat Froch and he made it look relatively easy (and he did beat him BTW).

Dirrell was quicker, showed some great footwork and evasive skills and had Froch swinging at air most of the night.

There's more to the sport than standing and trading shots with somebody. Froch was horribly frustrated by Dirrell's style - his ability to switch stance and reluctance to stand toe to toe gave Froch fits. Froch had to resort to dirty tactics to try and upset Dirrell who was by far the superior boxer.

It wasn't a particularly pleasant fight to watch. There was too much clinching. I think the fight got away from the referee a little bit too which resulted oddly, in Dirrell being deducted a point.

Dirrell was the more effective fighter on the night. Any sane, knowledgable boxing enthusiast would agree. I believe Froch himself knows this too - that he was made to look bad in front of everybody. I can officially now label Froch as "OVERATED"

In short, a horrible decision that has cast doubt on the integrity of the tournament.
                dirrel did a lot of running unordinary in the art of boxing. He run 80% of the fights than of fighting like a man. This is not to say, you can't run nor hold, but to much of it instead of fighting makes the show ****. The boxing fans instead of taking it as sweet science, they won't because it become sour and spit it out. Ali run but run around you and keep throwing while running. His type of running is like just dancing around you while punching which make his style entertaining. Dirrel style don't mach ali's style to take and make worthy of even a penny because he just run, run, run and hug with few of punches. Dirrel is bred like race horse not as boxer. He better apply in the race track and beat the fastest horse available.
                Last edited by arnold_jasper; 10-20-2009, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X