Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Manual Marquez vs Lucas Matthysse!!!! 140lbs, Who do you have winning?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Manual Marquez vs Lucas Matthysse!!!! 140lbs, Who do you have winning?

Even though he does not hold a world title, many believe Matthysse is the man at 140lbs but how does he fair against the legendary Mexican warrior Juan Manual Marquez.

Matthysse, hard punching, great straight right, best body puncher in the division and one of the best in boxing, great chin and in my eyes undefeated.

Juan Maual Marquez, great tactician, counter puncher, timing is second to none and he may get knocked down but he gets up again and recovers better than anyone, and he loves to fight fighters than bring the fight to him.

This would be a great fight if it happened this year, but what happens if they ever get it on?
    I Don't Know, I Just Know that I want to see it!!!
    23.61%
    Marquez by KO
    19.44%
    Matthysse by KO
    26.39%
    Marquez on Points
    27.78%
    Matthysse on Points
    2.78%

The poll is expired.

Lucas can be out-boxed, and we know JMM has the discipline to do it. But the warrior in him would come out sooner or later. JMM by decision or Matthysse by TKO.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 09-10-2012, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Lucas can be out-boxed, and we know JMM has the disciplined to do it. But the warrior in him would come out sooner or later. JMM by decision or Matthysse by TKO.
      I agree with this mainly because Marquez isn't getting any younger.

Stoppage unlikely in this fight (unless JMM has aged badly overnight), fireworks guaranteed.

I would like to see it. But if Marquez were to lose I'd say it was time for him to call it a day.

Comment

Lucas ko's Marquez. Horrible style clash for the old vet.

Comment

dont see JMM being able to hold him off. Lucas is a beast

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Lucas ko's Marquez. Horrible style clash for the old vet.
            Why is it a horrible style clash?

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              Why is it a horrible style clash?
              Because Marquez gets hit a lot. His style allows him to get hit & counter with combinations.

Mattysse is a pressure fighter that is capable of short precise blows. He's always in your face setting a blistering pace. Marquez is too old & has been through too many wars for that crap. He gets Soto'd, probably sooner than Soto did.

Comment

Marquez would counter Lucas all night long, simple UD win.

Marquez beat Pac three times.
                Last edited by zab191; 09-10-2012, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Good lord alot of you fan boys dont know shyt about boxing to quote Uncle Roger. The level of fighter that JMM is compared to ANYONE Lucas has ever fought is night and day. JMM is a first ballot of hof and Top 2 P4pounder.

Get real. JMM makes him look silly.

Comment

The Matthysse hype is getting worse than the Golovkin hype to be honest. He's a very good fighter, who's one tough guy. But he didn't totally out class/dominate Judah or Alexander, but he arguably won those fights, for sure. And he beat Soto and Olusegun.

Marquez is able to handle pressure fighters, and though I could see Marquez getting knocked down in this fight, he wouldn't get stopped, and Matthysse is there to be hit all night as well.

Marquez by a close and competitive UD.

Matthysse is good but there's still several fighters who I'd pick to beat him around his weight. Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez, and Bradley still beat him.

Comment

Working...
                    X