Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse fight tim bradley at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bradley beats him in a great performance e.g. Lamont Peterson... Bradley gave Pacquiao who's also a hard puncher, but with faster hands, athleticism, and punch technique... He may not have won, but he clearly gave him serious trouble, and slow starting wide punching Matthysse is miles behind Pac

E.g. Bradley wins... Good fight, MAYBE a knockdown MAYBE... But Bradley will get up and continue to outpoint him to a fairly wide decision

Comment

Bradley by comfortable UD

lets be honest, I get the Matthysse HYPE...I am a fan of the guy myself...but he can be out-boxed and Bradley has excellent stamina so he is not going to break down and start to slow down and eat a bunch of punches like Zab and Alexander

I think it plays out like the Abregu vs Bradley fight, Bradley moving in and out and landing Combos and overwhelming Mattysse with his speed while Mattysse is trying to land all Power Shots, Bradley would be too quick and hard to hit Clean to do any major Damage so he would box circles around him for 12 Rounds

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
        I would take Bradley, not cause he is better, Lucas gets bad decisions against him in the states and Tim won the worst decision in years. So Bob will make sure to protect his investment.
        That wasnt even the worst decision this year. <__<...

Anyway, not sure how I like that fight for Tim. Tim with his no power self would win a questionable decision at best. Then again, I've never been big on Bradley so my opinion shouldnt count.

Poster above, Bradley does have great stamina and does move his upper body well but the key would be Lucas' body punching imo. I just don't think Bradley would overwhelm him or discourage him.
        Last edited by NearHypnos; 06-24-2012, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          Bradley by comfortable UD

lets be honest, I get the Matthysse HYPE...I am a fan of the guy myself...but he can be out-boxed and Bradley has excellent stamina so he is not going to break down and start to slow down and eat a bunch of punches like Zab and Alexander

I think it plays out like the Abregu vs Bradley fight, Bradley moving in and out and landing Combos and overwhelming Mattysse with his speed while Mattysse is trying to land all Power Shots, Bradley would be too quick and hard to hit Clean to do any major Damage so he would box circles around him for 12 Rounds

Who has ever out-boxed Matthysse? He was actually out-boxing Alexander in there fight.
          Matthysses boxing ability is hugely underrrated he even outjabbed Soto I think that speaks an awful lot.
          Bradley is really no quicker than Matthysse, Lucas would knock his ass out.

Lucas isn't some headhunter with no jab that don't know how to cut a ring off like Manny.

I repeat NOBODY at 140 beats Lucas, NOBODY!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Who has ever out-boxed Matthysse? He was actually out-boxing Alexander in there fight.
            Matthysses boxing ability is hugely underrrated he even outjabbed Soto I think that speaks an awful lot.
            Bradley is really no quicker than Matthysse, Lucas would knock his ass out.

Lucas isn't some headhunter with no jab that don't know how to cut a ring off like Manny.

I repeat NOBODY at 140 beats Lucas, NOBODY!
            THis is correct and keep in mind that was a BS 10 round fight which changes everything. Devon wouldn't last 12 with Lucas. Matthysse is the top 140 lber in my eyes and I don't see anyone beating him clearly. In fact I think Khan is tailor made for Matthysse.

Comment

33-0 29K.O

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                THis is correct and keep in mind that was a BS 10 round fight which changes everything. Devon wouldn't last 12 with Lucas. Matthysse is the top 140 lber in my eyes and I don't see anyone beating him clearly. In fact I think Khan is tailor made for Matthysse.

I think Khan can potentially give Lucas a lot of problems for the first 4-5 rounds but after that he is as good as dead.
                If Peterson, Maidana & the likes could get inside and rough Khan up like that then Lucas can & too a much greater effect.

I'd love to see it, Khan on his bicycle, tyres slowly deflating from crippling bodyshots before he gets Prescotted!

Comment

Bradley, he wins quite comfortably too.

Comment

i think matthysse is the more skilled fighter but bradley can outwork him to a decision.

Comment

I swear, Tim Bradley could outbox Floyd Mayweather and at least half this site would still say he doesn't have much skill.

Comment

Working...
                      X