No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Algieri – Calm Before The Approaching Storm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chris Algieri – Calm Before The Approaching Storm

By Thomas Gerbasi - If Chris Algieri seems unnaturally calm and confident before the biggest fight of his professional boxing career against WBO junior welterweight champion Ruslan Provodnikov on June 14th, it’s no act and it’s no surprise.

Why? Because it’s only the biggest fight of his professional boxing career. In his previous combat sports life as a pro kickboxer, the New Yorker made it to the top of the mountain twice, winning ISKA and WKA championships, and while they’re two different sports, preparing for and winning a world title fight cuts across all rule sets.

“Those were dream fights for me, there was a lot of personal pressure and outside pressure related to those fights and I was a much younger man then,” said the 30-year-old from Huntington, who won his kickboxing belts at 21 and 23. “So just dealing with that and going through a training camp a hundred percent focused, I’ve been there before. Training camp is going great this time, and this fight - and really any kind of fight of this magnitude - is all about mental focus and preparation, and I feel like everything is right on track.”

It’s what you hear from 99% of the challengers out there, but from the mouth of Algieri, it sounds convincing and you believe him. But at the same time, he’s not one of those who talks about a world title fight as being just another fight. He knows that it’s far from that. [Click Here To Read More]

He is going to go into Survival Mode within the first few seconds of the fight. Won't win a single round

Comment

He will be calm when laying on the canvas

Comment

I don't know anything about him so I can't really give a prediction but I hope it ends up being competitive.

Comment

I am with Algieri on this one. Many of us don't know this guy, but that doesn't mean he is a easy fight. Keep calm here, I am comparing the situation not the necessary the fighter here...but maybe. This brings to my mind Mayorga vs Forrest, Rios vs Peterson, or something along those lines. Maybe Algieri is the real deal?

Comment

He's going to get his ass beat by the Siberian Rocky!

LOOK AT ME!

I'M MR. MEESEEKS!

Comment

From everything I've heard, this guy is no slouch at all at Ruslan will have a job on his hands. I got Ruslan, but this guy is a big dude. If he walks through him, it would be an impressive win imo even with Ruslan being the favorite

Comment

He's not gonna be able to take Ruslan's punches count on that. It wouldnt surpise me if Algieri outboxed him for a few rounds but hed eventually get caught.

I see this playing out something like Orlando Salido vs Cruz. Cruz was able to outbox him in spurts but eventually got KOd.

Comment

Too many people counting Algieri out. I guess it's all about how he feels on the big stage. But he has the potential to beat Provodnikov or at least make it competitive.

Comment

I don't think Algieri stands a chance. Why not look at some video and decide for yourself? Here's a Vidof Algieris last and best victory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9chegPzsHD0

Comment

Working...
                    X