No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthew Macklin Targets Andy Lee For May 11 on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Matthew Macklin Targets Andy Lee For May 11 on HBO

Matthew Macklin has challenged Irish middleweight rival Andy Lee to put up or shut up following Lee's claims over the weekend that Macklin would be one of his "easier" fights. (1 minute 48 seconds into the following interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-z6nHEhXP4)

Lee made the bizarre claim prior to a points win over Anthony Fitzgerald in Belfast having already called out Macklin in a recent radio interview where he said, "That's definitely the fight I want so now I think it's time for us to get it on. We're fighters so why not fight each other. We're both with the same promoter so there are no obstacles really."
    [Click Here To Read More]

God Macklin doesn't half waffle. "Why use 20 words when you can use 200?". That aside, after Lee's performance on Saturday I think Macklin would handle him pretty easily.

Comment

Originally posted by fladz
      God Macklin doesn't half waffle. "Why use 20 words when you can use 200?". That aside, after Lee's performance on Saturday I think Macklin would handle him pretty easily.
      I know Lee had a pretty lackluster performance Saturday but I wouldnt be so sure. I think Macklin might beat him but not easily.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Macklin knocks Lee out.

Comment

This is a relly good fight and a toss up IMO. Is it headliner material? Im not so sure, but I think that Lou will end up putting Javier Fortuna on in the supporting bout to give his guys some exposure.

Comment

Lee looked terrible on saturday, Macklin should easily beat him

Not sure what macklin is doing. He's fought about 50 seconds in the last year and doent have a fight lined up. Should have just taken the Golovkin fight instead of Alcine

Comment

Because of the date, I'm going to assume that this will likely be paired with a replay of the Mayweather fight. I hope there's at least 1 decent undercard fight to put this with. As another posted said, I don't believe Lee/Macklin is it's own event.

I do think it would end up being a good fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Lee looked terrible on saturday, Macklin should easily beat him

Not sure what macklin is doing. He's fought about 50 seconds in the last year and doent have a fight lined up. Should have just taken the Golovkin fight instead of Alcine
                I'd would have liked to see Golovkin vs Macklin but GGG was set to face Pirog on 9-1 and Macklin was fighting on 9-15. Pirog pulled out and he fought Proksa instead.

I think Arum and Dibella are working with K2 to help build up Golovkin. He was on an Arum card against Rosado and he's fighting Ishida on a DiBella co promoted card. call me totally insane but I'm thinking Chavez vs Golovkin, which would be an awesome fight. if Chavez pulls off the upset it would make a Martinez rematch HUGE. if Golovkin wins then we all get to see him against Martinez, which wouldn't be as huge but would be great for boxing fans

ohh wait what I am saying, this is boxing and things like that don't happen.

Comment

Its the right time for this to happen.

Common sense says pick Macklin, but imma roll with Andy Lee

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Macklin wins by late stoppage for me but for me the better fights are macklin against either Barker or Murray

Comment

Working...
                    X