Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of problems do wealthy people have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most wealthy people are incredibly hard working. 50-60 hours a week for the entirety of their adult lifetimes.

that's how they got wealthy
    and that's how the stay that way. it takes an unbelievable amount of work.

the idea that wealthy people are entitled and given all that they have is horribly false. you'll find a much greater work ethic among those who are successful in life than those who are struggling.

i drive through bad neighborhoods all the time for work. i was in one yesterday. you see scores of unemployed men in their low 20's and late teens (i'm assuming they are unemployed because they are standing around at 11:30 am on a thursday,) and pregnant women in their teens. it's foolish to think that those people work harder than people who are well off, man.

you arent even talking about incredibly wealthy people, by the look of things. you're talking about the upper middle class. these families don't have the money to support many generations. these young people do have to work.

let me guess, you're looking around at your college classmates and getting a bit butthurt that they have it "easy?"

i'll go through some wealthy people problems:

debt (it's a necessary part of making money)
    taxes (again, an aspect of success in any business,)
    horrific hours (try working for a few months of 70 hour weeks with no days off, kev, and then get back to complaining,)
    pressure (just think about the increased amount of pressure you'll feel to succeed if you have 25 people with families who work for you and depend on you. now think about the pressure for having 2500 families who depend on you. wealthy people care about other people, too.)
    Last edited by New England; 08-24-2012, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      most wealthy people are incredibly hard working. 50-60 hours a week for the entirety of their adult lifetimes.

that's how they got wealthy
      and that's how the stay that way. it takes an unbelievable amount of work.

the idea that wealthy people are entitled and given all that they have is horribly false. you'll find a much greater work ethic among those who are successful in life than those who are struggling.

i drive through bad neighborhoods all the time for work. i was in one yesterday. you see scores of unemployed men in their low 20's and late teens (i'm assuming they are unemployed because they are standing around at 11:30 am on a thursday,) and pregnant women in their teens. it's foolish to think that those people work harder than people who are well off, man.

you arent even talking about incredibly wealthy people, by the look of things. you're talking about the upper middle class. these families don't have the money to support many generations. these young people do have to work.

let me guess, you're looking around at your college classmates and getting a bit butthurt that they have it "easy?"

i'll go through some wealthy people problems:

debt (it's a necessary part of making money)
      taxes (again, an aspect of success in any business,)
      horrific hours (try working for a few months of 70 hour weeks with no days off, kev, and then get back to complaining,)
      pressure (just think about the increased amount of pressure you'll feel to succeed if you have 25 people with families who work for you and depend on you. now think about the pressure for having 2500 families who depend on you. wealthy people care about other people, too.)
      Yeah this is true but obviously not in all cases. Working hard at school is another thing that many rich people have done

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        They have the same problems that "poor people" have whether it be low self-esteem, substance abuse, depression etc (look at celebrities).

However unlike the poor people they know from experience that money isn't the answer to their problems, money =/= a happy life, that's just an illusion (poor Bangladeshis are officially the happiest people in the world).
        Yep, Once heard someone say what keeps some "poor" people going is the dream that once they become rich everything with be great. The wealthy know it's not true and so the dream is dead. Happiness is on the inside. Money just turns the volume up on everything. If you're miserable now, you will just be twice as miserable with a lot of money. If you're happy now, once you get over the new hassles of having money, you will find happiness then, and most of it comes from helping other people.

Comment

How to spend all that spare time?

I wish I had the problem of too much money.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Easy....

Hiding money and avoiding taxes.

Comment

There is no difference trust me. They've had to work hard to get into that position, don't hate

Comment

Working...
              X