Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to start boxing and I have a question.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to start boxing and I have a question.

I have always loved watching it, and finally, I feel as if I am ready to put in the time and effort to train and turn my life around.

The thing is, I have been inactive and eating **** for years now. I am not fat, actually quite on the contrary. I am 6'3 and I weigh a mere 158 pounds.

The question I have is simple:

To join a boxing gym should I get myself in shape beforehand? Or will that come with joining a gym. I do not know what it is like, for I have never been to one, so this question may be very ignorant.

My cardio is ****, I haven't played soccer since I was 15 (I am now 19). For the past week I have began running again, and trust me, it is pretty bad. But I don't want to give up, and I am VERY determined to go on.

So tell me, should I lift/cardio before I join a gym or will I get better much faster if I join one?

Just show up man. The first couple of weeks will be pretty hard but your body will get used to it sooner then you might think. If you keep running on your off days your cardio should pick up pretty quickly. Probably not a good idea to run on the same day as boxing until your body adjusts.

Comment

all u hav to do is show up. when i started boxing i wasnt fat but i wasnt in good shape either. if u just stick with it then ur cardio will start to pick up b4 u know it

Comment

I has same thoughts but just went for it saying to myself I will get in shape while joining a gym... by running in my spare time and stuff, now I have joined a gym I find it very intense and I love it and I am determined to carry on.

My advise is to contact the owner of the club... find out price and watch a training session to get a feel on what it is like, also ask the questions you need to know e.g. what equipment you need to bring, etc.

Yeah... just join up and believe me you ill find the training very intense at first as I did, but you will get fitter and more used to it along the way... I have been going for 4 weeks now, I am not extremely healthy yet but I am more healthy and more used to it from when I started.

So yeah... join up and keep going, you sound determined... so I think you will stick by it, believe me with eating the correct foods and putting hard work in the gym you will get in good shape while you there.

That is my advice anyway... hope it helped!

Comment

these questions are solved by common sense, if you are out of shape, shouldn't you get in shape before taking on a demanding, intensive and arduous sport such as boxing?

Comment

trues me boxing will get you in shape. its gunna be really hard at first if your out of shape but it will come around.

Comment

ust keep with it and dont give in or give up....

Comment

Originally posted by bbos View Post
                these questions are solved by common sense, if you are out of shape, shouldn't you get in shape before taking on a demanding, intensive and arduous sport such as boxing?
                Shut up ya tit.

Comment

Originally posted by TopTier View Post
                  I have always loved watching it, and finally, I feel as if I am ready to put in the time and effort to train and turn my life around.

The thing is, I have been inactive and eating **** for years now. I am not fat, actually quite on the contrary. I am 6'3 and I weigh a mere 158 pounds.

The question I have is simple:

To join a boxing gym should I get myself in shape beforehand? Or will that come with joining a gym. I do not know what it is like, for I have never been to one, so this question may be very ignorant.

My cardio is ****, I haven't played soccer since I was 15 (I am now 19). For the past week I have began running again, and trust me, it is pretty bad. But I don't want to give up, and I am VERY determined to go on.

So tell me, should I lift/cardio before I join a gym or will I get better much faster if I join one?
                  Go ahead and join your local boxing club, will be hard at first, but stick with it, and youll be sorted.

Comment

Great post man. I have the same problem I am 6'1 and about 155 pounds. In my exercise science class I checked my body fat percentage and I am about 10% body fat. But to be on the honest side I am not to muscular. I would recommend going to the gym. I started last monday because I want to be a solid 160 before I do the fitness test for my local boxing club. It never hurts to be strong and in good shape because this is a very physical demanding sport. For the cardio DO NOT do it if you want to get stronger and heavier because the cardio will burn a lot of your body fat off and take away alot of energy which could be used during working out. Just eat alot of complex carbohydrates and protein.Eat healthy and remember "You are what you eat"

Comment

Working...
                    X