No announcement yet.

Boxers who didn't end up broke?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Paul Williams is real smart and has invested his money very well from what I hear
    That's great to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
      Big George is actually broke???

He isn't surely?
      That was that same dickhead who has made literally about 10 accounts (and got them all banned) this month to race-bait and discredit black boxers.

Big George is ****ing loaded and he will be for life.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
        That was that same dickhead who has made literally about 10 accounts (and got them all banned) this month to race-bait and discredit black boxers.

Big George is ****ing loaded and he will be for life.
        I was thinking, them grills should have him comfortable for life

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          I can understand where you're coming from but certain things is an issue of family pride. If I had millions I'd be embarrassed if a family member close to me was working just above minimum wage.

Wouldn't exactly pay for them to live a flashy and expensive lifestyle but I would ensure that they live a respectable life.
          I know they were close and Michael took some time out of his career early on to help Leon with his issues.

Maybe Michael did try to help Leon financially and Leon is just is too irresponsible to take care of it.

Comment

obviously george foreman comes to mind, humberto soto has taken all his purses over the years & owns a fleet of transit buses in his hometown in mexico. i heard on a telecast he has expanded it substantially. jameel mccline has also done well too i read. he chose to come out of retirement to see if he still had it. he got a few fights in but clearly needed to go back into retirement. he lost to harold sconiers but did manage to drop abdusalamov & break spzlika's jaw but from my understanding he has been involved in several good business ventures. sultan ibragimov i hear is an oil tycoon in russia. the klitschkos have done well too.

Comment

bruce seldon

seldon received 3.5 million when he fought tyson. i read he took that purse & paid off all his families houses & debt(parents, siblings)& set it up that he would only get like $30000\year for the rest of his life. not sure what he does now but this was a smart move to make sure he doesn't blow it all...

Comment

Originally posted by the karma giver View Post
                Big George is actually broke.

Oscar De la Hoya is really the only name that comes to mind. Maybe Tito if it's true about his gas company in PR.
                He is worth $250,000,000

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                  I remember readings few years ago that Micheal Spinks was loaded while Leon was working for $7 an hour on a road crew.

You'd think he'd help his brother out but maybe he has and he's just blown that too.
                  It was years ago that some news station did a story about Leon Spinks. He was pushing a broom on some basketball court just barely getting by. To the best of my memory, Leon, while at work, he removed his teeth and placed them down someplace, when he came back they were gone. Someone had stolen his teeth. He didn't even have enough money to buy new dentures.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
                    This monster called the IRS, hits your pockets when you get those big purses that push you into those crazy tax brackets. Lol

Bad investments will do it every time, it never fails. I like to see fighters get big paydays, and it just makes me cringe when they are seen making these stupid purchases.

Seriously, buy what you want, but be reasonable. Don't buy a $10M mansion with an indoor and outdoor pool, and a tricked interior made of gold and crap like that.

What rich people fail to realize, is the maintenance involved in such purchases. can't forget about those leeches (family members included) that drain you dry.

Much appreciation to those guys who look out for their post-fight boxing career. It's hard to feel sorry for guys like FMJ.

He can spend his money however, but don't write a book in the next few years, talking how dumb you were with your money, in hopes that I buy it, to put more money back in your pockets. LOL
                    But that what your supposed to do when your rich!

Comment

Working...
                    X