No announcement yet.

Parkinson's disease likely for Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KJB View Post
    I would never pretend to know exactly what kind of damage is done. All I am saying is most fighters dont end up with Parkinson's, and most people with Parkinson's werent pro fighters.
    I agree that Parkinsons that Ali has is not from being punched...Being punchy is totally different than parkinsons. Parkinsons will continue to get worse as the years go on but punchy is at a level it is at and as far as I know will remain where it is at as long as you are not continued to get hit. i agree getting punched around like Ali or Roach during the time they may have or had parkinsons didn't help their disease but it didn't give them the disease to being with.....Lefty

Comment

Ricky's survived worse hangovers.

Comment

Originally posted by ЯiZО View Post
        This is unbelievably stupid.
        Actually, this is not stupid. I once ran into these Swedish Neurosurgeons, no bull****. We were at this fancy hotel and we were watching boxing in the bar area.

I told them I boxed amateur and trained boxers as well and they told me how they were big fans of Ingamar Johansson when they were kids. He was the only HW champion from Sweden.

Since they were doctors, I asked them if it was true that Ali's condition was made worse because he boxed. Without hesitation they said an overwhelming YES.

As time goes by and as technology progresses, they are starting to understand the effects KO's like that can have on the brain long term.

I know personally that there are fighters who later on in their careers will get knocked out much quicker than when they were younger because of the KO's they have suffered.

I'm not saying that Hatton will end up like Ali but getting KO'd in that fashion cannot be good for him. He was on the canvas for a long time and was definitely out cold for a while.

Comment

so micheal j fox was a boxer??

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
            I agree that Parkinsons that Ali has is not from being punched...Being punchy is totally different than parkinsons. Parkinsons will continue to get worse as the years go on but punchy is at a level it is at and as far as I know will remain where it is at as long as you are not continued to get hit. i agree getting punched around like Ali or Roach during the time they may have or had parkinsons didn't help their disease but it didn't give them the disease to being with.....Lefty

Read my post above. It may not have given them the disease but definitely made it much, much worse.

Comment

Working...
            X