No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez is For Real: Weekend Review, Ratings Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez is For Real: Weekend Review, Ratings Update

Maybe he can topple Sergio Martinez. Maybe not. One thing is certain. A fight that looked like a joke a year ago is no laughing matter.

Sergio Martinez has said he wants Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. After Saturday, all signs point towards a September showdown and the old adage ‘be careful what you wish for’ comes to mind. In a fight somewhat reminiscent of his father’s destruction of Edwin Rosario, Chavez walked through some stiff shots from Andy Lee and laid down an impressive beating in Texas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

he's a joke. he is'nt fighting anybody yet. that will come if he does'nt punk out and hide behind arum's money making cherry picking in house boxing scams. the drug head chavez is a over blown hype job. he should be fighting real men at 168.but that want happen even though he comes in the ring at 190.

Comment

Going from Lee to the #3 P4P is quite a leap. It's a testament to brilliant marketing when they can convince people that this going to be a competitive fight. I'm saying it right now, they should have built Jr up a little more before cashing him out. Getting KO'd by a guy like Sergio can really mess with your head and ruin your career. I hope he can bounce back from this.

Comment

Make no mistakes, one of the reasons the fight is happening is because Jr. wants it, he said to Arum he wouldn´t sign anything unless he could get Martínez. I give him credit for it.

Comment

I'm really glad that Chavez Jr. is fighting Martinez finally, now I respect Chavez Jr. for taking that fight. He looked really good against Lee, better then I expected it would turn out. I just hope that Chavez Jr. was playing fair, I don't want a another Margarito controversial crap coming out on jr. lately boxing has been leaving a bad taste, its like who can you trust, and who really fights fair when it come to there ability's. war Chavez Jr. Make Mexico proud, viva Mexico....

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
            Going from Lee to the #3 P4P is quite a leap. It's a testament to brilliant marketing when they can convince people that this going to be a competitive fight. I'm saying it right now, they should have built Jr up a little more before cashing him out. Getting KO'd by a guy like Sergio can really mess with your head and ruin your career. I hope he can bounce back from this.
            well there isn't alot of shame being ko'ed by a top p4p'er though..i think chavez can go the distance, but i see him losing to martinez by UD.

Comment

"I'm saying it right now, they should have built Jr up a little more before cashing him out. Getting KO'd by a guy like Sergio can really mess with your head and ruin your career. I hope he can bounce back from this" This is the problem with boxing, losing 1x isnt an elimination. Chavez is a defending champion and needs to fight the lineal champion to see whos best in the divison, "building people up" foever is horsesh**t and is ruining the sport. We need to see teh best fights, if Chavez loses its because hes not good enough right now but its not the end of a career.

Comment

My problem with having Golovkin ahead of Chavez is that he hasn't done anything at all in his pro career. I know he has a great amateur background, but that only goes so far. Golovkin has never beaten a top 10 middleweight or even a fringe contender.

Comment

A bit hard against lee again from this pro chavez website.lee could very well have bein fighting against a 185lb fighter with an unknown glove weight and a reluctant urine sample given after his fight....lee eventually will win the tite the hard way but it will be done the fair and honest way...

Comment

People might hate on Chavez but if he loses to Martinez, he still is one of the best middleweights in the world. How many people on the boards can say they are one of the best in the world at what they do? How do you tell ignorant boxing fans from knowledgable ones? Anyone who calls a man who is in the top 2% of what he does for a living a "Bum", puts himself in good company with the ignorant fans.

Comment

Working...
                    X