No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lee: Chavez Fight Comes At Perfect Time In My Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lee: Chavez Fight Comes At Perfect Time In My Career

By Jake Donovan - You couldn’t blame Andy Lee for feeling like the unluckiest Irishman on earth this past St. Patrick’s Day, but things have certainly been looking up ever since then.

The middleweight contender is currently walking on air over the news of a June 16 HBO-televised showdown with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Not only is it the best news Lee has heard all year, but that it comes at the point in his career where he believes he’s firing on all cylinders.

“This fight comes at the perfect time,” states Lee (28-1, 20KO) in a statement that could actually take on more than one meaning. The Chavez Jr. clash heads a loaded summer of middleweight action, which includes a planned alphabet unification match between Dmitry Pirog and Daniel Geale.

However, it’s not so much the supporting cast that has Lee excited, but that he is at his strongest while receiving what to date will be the defining fight of my career.

“Physically for me, I’m at the right age and right power for a fight like this. I’m physically peaking. I’m a win away from becoming a major titlist, holding the most prestigious title of all of the sanctioning bodies. I’ve always wanted to be the champion of that (WBC) belt.” [Click Here To Read More]

And new WBC Champion.......................

Comment

Well, Lee seems confident.

Glad to see it.

Comment

Lee will outbox chavez for 4 rounds, then gets tired and Chavez will pummel him late in route to a TKO!!
        Chavez is simply too big and strong for Lee, who tends to tire and is kinda soft!!
        Last edited by ChampBox@PR; 04-04-2012, 01:15 AM.

Comment

What Lee will show up?

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
            Lee will outbox chavez for 4 rounds, then gets tired and Chavez will pummel him late in route to a TKO!!
            Chavez is simply too big and strong for Lee, who tends to tire and is kinda soft!!
            His stamina against Vera seem fine despite the pressure. If the Lee from that fight shows up, I think he beats Chavez.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 04-04-2012, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              His stamina against Vera seem fine despite the pressure.
              That's true, but pressure from Chavez Jr. is a whole other animal and I don't think he has the power to keep Chavez Jr. off him. But I wouldn't be shocked if he outboxed him for 12 rounds.

Comment

I’m a win away from becoming a major titlist, holding the most prestigious title of all of the sanctioning bodies.
                Last edited by Florence95; 04-04-2012, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                  Chavez also has inconsistent stamina, is not that athletic, and he won't have a major size advantage on fight night.

Chavez ain't stopping anybody. Lee by decision.

Comment

The Racket Squad: Murphy's Law

Murphy's Law states that whatever can go wrong will go wrong.
                    Murphy was an Irishman.
                    Irish fighters are rough and tumble rumblers.

Andy Lee is a Boxer. He boxes for a living.
                    This will go all wrong for him on the evening of June 16.
                    Why? Because he does not live to brawl and against Julio one must have some of that savvy in the bank come pay night.

John Duddy was a tough Irishman as well.
                    He and Junior went 10 under appreciated toe to toe frames.
                    Duddy retired soon thereafter.

For all of the flaws that may exist in Juniors arsenal, fighting tough is not one of them.

Julio Chavez Junior has guts galore.
                    Enough to give any willing boxer a problem on any given night.

Chavez Vs. Lee:

Chavez by KO in 8.

Comment

Working...
                    X