Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

post fave lines from songs that have effect on you.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The sun is same in a relative way but you're older...shorter of breath and one day closer to death..."

Pink Floyd's Time

Comment

That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing,
      except for a dream and a f**ing rap magazine,
      who post pin-up pictures on their walls all day long,
      idolize they favorite rappers and know all their songs,
      or for anyone who's ever been through **** is their lives,
      till they sit and they cry at night, wishing they'd die,
      till they throw on a rap record and they sit, and they vibe,
      we're nothing to you but we're the f**king **** in they eyes

Comment

I'm feeling that I'm sober
        Even though I'm drinking
        I can't get any lower
        Still I feel I'm sinking

Originally posted by Android18 View Post
        there's just too many it depends on the mood but this one kinda moves me

no lyrics needed but a must watch

You post a Beethoven piece in a title about song lyrics?

Comment

I'm just sitting here
          Watching the wheels go round and round
          I really love to watch them roll
          No longer ridin on the merry go round
          I just had to let it go
          - Watching the wheels

Comment

Do you realize that you have the most beautiful face?
            Do you realize we're floating in space?
            Do you realize that happiness makes you cry?
            Do you realize that everyone you know someday will die?
            And instead of saying all of your goodbyes
            Let them know you realize that life goes fast
            It's hard to make the good things last
            You realize the sun don't go down
            It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning 'round

Comment

These are lyrics by Morrissey from the song Hold on to Your Friends

But now you only call me when you're feeling depressed,
              When you feel happy, I'm so far from your mind
              My patience is stretched, my loyalty vexed
              You're losing all of your friends

I feel like I can relate to many things Morrissey talks about and he has a way of talking about things that make his songs really cool. This ability makes him more human than other musicians whose lyrics are often too out there. I guess he just has a way of singing about things many people often overlook, like simple interactions with other people.

Anyway, these lyrics are important to me because I don't feel like I have really good friends, according to my own interpretation of the word. I feel most people have friends in order to minimize their sense of loneliness and only seek certain people when this feeling arises. My friends treat me this way and prefer the company of others over me and only hang out with me when they are feeling lonely. This is wrong, though. I feel like I had a good friend one time when taking my Physics II: Electricity & Magnetism class since we did homework together and helped each other out for the sake of doing good in the class. Although the relationship was mutualistic, I just felt he was a good person since most of my friends have bad habits such as drinking and drug abuse. As I get older, I understand that it is important to be a good person and there are certain qualities I appreciate in people. I am not happy with my friendships and prefer to just stick to my hobbies and dedicate my time to becoming a better person. It's hard to explain, but let's just say I've been conditioned from a young age to prosper from being by myself. Most people are afraid of loneliness, but I like it. Would it be nice to have a good friend? Yes. However, as I get older, it seems unlikely. I must say, though, that I meet many nice people in school and am happy to see that there is still good in some people. It is a nice feeling.

If I could choose friends I would make sure they were either really smart, really good musicians, really good boxers, etc. It is important to make friends with people who are better than you and who can make you a better person. I always wanted a friendship like this.

Comment

Working...
              X