• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan To Rest And Reload Following Saturday's Loss

[Click Here To Read More]

Alexander vs Khan @ 147, Jan.

Comment

the problem with khan is that his punch resistance is not good enough for top level, i don't want to go on about him being chinny like people go on and on, but since he went pro he's being getting wobbled and in trouble by less apponents, just watch the fights from the beginning, now he used to get away with it because the apponents were avarege and footwork and skill got him out of the way plus the oppenent were not great not even in top 50-100.

The issue now is that the level khan is at or wanting to be at is difficult as these guy will hurt you and finish you. thats were khan can't win because of his low punch resistance, even the average fighter in america has decent power which is too much for khan as he has struggled with lesser apponents previously.

sacking freedie roach has nothing to do with issue

Comment

tbh, after devon beats bailey, I still think Khan beats 3 of the 4 champions at welter simply beacuse they don't hit hard enough to trouble him. Best advice would probably be to relocate to one of the Mayweather's, sort his defence and ring smarts out and see what happens.

Can't hate on the guy, he showed balls getting up from that neck shot and going to war with Danny that 4th round, even tho he was clearly fighting on wobbly legs.

Comment

wild card needs to teach some damn defense.... either khan was too damn stubborn to box garcia or roach failed him. galloping around when he is hurt shouldve been addressed a long time ago.... restraint shouldve been drilled in amir's mindset, especially since he doesnt have the chin for trading with a decent puncher.

wild card is 0/2.... everything falls on chavez.

Comment

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Khan's last comment is an example of why I don't like him. He talks as if he's the premiership of British boxing and he's complimenting Garcia as if Khan was the master and Garcia was a student. Problem is, Garcia KO Khan.

Comment

Punch resistance isnt his biggest problem, it aint the best for sure, I think he has started to believe all the hype that surrounds him again. He was humbled against Prescott and did a very good job of coming back. He employed the most reckless strategy against Garcia, a very capable boxer, completely neglected his defence and paid the price. Trying to go to war like he was Nigel Benn or Felix Trinidad in round 4 was just plain stupid.

Comment

The thing is Khan still has that same damn amateur Style lunge and back up lunge back up. Khan is very talented he is a good athlete but he has not learned the skills to protect himself cuz he surely don't know how to..he leaves himself wide open coming in and wide open backing up and he backs up in a straight line as well he doesn't use he's hight to he's advantage and use he's jab cuz when he snaps it rather than just use to come rushing in he is very affective..Khan will always fight this way even if he got the greatest trainer in the world it would do him no good since he is too far gone to break old habits ever since the amateur days..Khan has some serious thinking to do about he's career cuz is in with some really heavy punchers in this division and since he is vey vulnerable up top he should think about he's health first..And credit to Gacia he was getting out boxed early but he was digging to that body just like peterson did and when he came back on top to the head he got the KO..congradulations to Garcia he did a great job..

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                  Punch resistance isnt his biggest problem, it aint the best for sure, I think he has started to believe all the hype that surrounds him again. He was humbled against Prescott and did a very good job of coming back. He employed the most reckless strategy against Garcia, a very capable boxer, completely neglected his defence and paid the price. Trying to go to war like he was Nigel Benn or Felix Trinidad in round 4 was just plain stupid.
                  yes but the thing is Khan can't box he loves to exchange and push u back but its hard to do that when the guy's he fights can take a solid shot and they hit way harder than him..Khan has a lot of heart fighting on with no legs what so ever for almost the whole round after the second Knock down but where he's punch resistance is concerned he has a average beard but its not like u can't protect your self either the thing is he has not being thought Good Defence he lunges in and out and he was bound to get caught by a Haymaker and that exactly what happened..Would love to see Matthysse v Garcia or Maidana v Garcia that would b absolute War ..

Comment

Back to back loss's to Lamont Peterson and Danny Garcia is such a setback.

I don't know if his career will ever truly recover.

Comment

Working...
                    X