Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much was jmm's guarantee against wifebeater jr? $5 million?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    where are the sources for 4?
    Where are the sources for Mexico's best current boxer being guaranteed $2 million dollars for a mega fight with Floyd Mayweather on Mexican Independence day lmao....

If Marquez gets guaranteed $1.4 million for fighting a guy that has been on American TV less than Clottey....then he should have a trilogy with Katsidis if fighting the biggest draw in boxing only guarantees him 600 grand more.

Comment

I thought the argument you pacstans use for Manny demanding 50/50 with Floyd is because Mayweather vs Pacquiao is an event by it self and you can't use the PPV or Manny's purse in comparison to Floyd's

so why cant you apply that same logic to THE TRILOGY (thats what the should call the fight)

Comment

jmm doesn't deserve $5 million guarantee plain and simple.

pac doesn't gain anything fighting jmm at this point in their career...why does he have to sacrifice receiving less just to accomodate jmm's very high purse demand?

Comment

wait, so JMM didn't get a $5 million guarantee against wifebeater?

then why should he get a $5 million guarantee against pacquiao?

Comment

Wow, look at all these guys saying that.... A just as accomplished, talented tech, that looked wonderful in his last 2 fights, who will undoubtedly get HOF honors is'nt worth 5 mill plus......... Wow.......

But yea, Manny should get like 20 or 25 for the fight. Even tho Manny don't fight for money, he should get 90/10 of the money.
            Nevermind JMM attached to Manny brings about 40 maybe 45% of the interest..... Wow.....

Nevermind JMM/Floyd just came off doing double Manny/Clottey, and Manny/Marg only topped JMM/Floyd by a few ticks....

JMM/Manny 3 by dollar standards is the bigger/sellable fight. More of a story behind it, more of the (Lets get it on) factor

And people said Floyd would gripe about money, look who's gripping about money now.... I guess it's ok cause it's Manny, you can make very legit sounding reasons/excuses.. Some of them are valid and good, others are just down rite garbage!
            But none of them get to the meat a gravey of it........ The saying "Manny don't fight for money, BUT" saying is dead..... That BUT killed it, cause we know what's comming after...

It's the reason/excuse to cover up the fact that "MANNY FIGHTS FOR MONEY".

Give JMM the damn money, why not... I think the Floyd fight proved on the big stage, JMM against a big name sells...

Comment

I think it was 3.2 mil according to ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4485941

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                I thought the argument you pacstans use for Manny demanding 50/50 with Floyd is because Mayweather vs Pacquiao is an event by it self and you can't use the PPV or Manny's purse in comparison to Floyd's

so why cant you apply that same logic to THE TRILOGY (thats what the should call the fight)
                Cause that's toooo much like being honest..

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
                  Where are the sources for Mexico's best current boxer being guaranteed $2 million dollars for a mega fight with Floyd Mayweather on Mexican Independence day lmao....

If Marquez gets guaranteed $1.4 million for fighting a guy that has been on American TV less than Clottey....then he should have a trilogy with Katsidis if fighting the biggest draw in boxing only guarantees him 600 grand more.
                  so no sources for 4 mil?....like i thoght!

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
                    Wow, look at all these guys saying that.... A just as accomplished, talented tech, that looked wonderful in his last 2 fights, who will undoubtedly get HOF honors is'nt worth 5 mill plus......... Wow.......

But yea, Manny should get like 20 or 25 for the fight. Even tho Manny don't fight for money, he should get 90/10 of the money.
                    Nevermind JMM attached to Manny brings about 40 maybe 45% of the interest..... Wow.....

Nevermind JMM/Floyd just came off doing double Manny/Clottey, and Manny/Marg only topped JMM/Floyd by a few ticks....

JMM/Manny 3 by dollar standards is the bigger/sellable fight. More of a story behind it, more of the (Lets get it on) factor

And people said Floyd would gripe about money, look who's gripping about money now.... I guess it's ok cause it's Manny, you can make very legit sounding reasons/excuses.. Some of them are valid and good, others are just down rite garbage!
                    But none of them get to the meat a gravey of it........ The saying "Manny don't fight for money, BUT" saying is dead..... That BUT killed it, cause we know what's comming after...

It's the reason/excuse to cover up the fact that "MANNY FIGHTS FOR MONEY".

Give JMM the damn money, why not... I think the Floyd fight proved on the big stage, JMM against a big name sells...
                    wait so did jmm get $5 million to fight wifebeater?

Comment

Because Pacquiao haters/floyd fans are illogical and cannot give a statistical analysis as to why JMM deserves the 5m split.

Comment

Working...
                      X