No announcement yet.

people who apply for welfare should have to pass a drug test

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squizz View Post
    1200/MONTH!?!?!?!? Where the **** do you live? I'd be on welfare in a heartbeat if you got that much around here! Drug testing or otherwise!

Around here you get like $600/month max. If you have kids, you get more.
    I was just assuming a relatively low number counting in all the kids everyone tries to claim...I really have no idea what welfare gives and doesn't give because I never was in a situation like that...I am just against drug testing welfare recipients because it would end up punishing the only people it actually helps.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      if i have to pass a drug test to go to work then a low income person should have to pass a drug test before they can get welfare or social assistance...i'm tired of all these dead beats milking the system with my tax dollars....
      I am pretty sure this type of testing is in the pipeline. You really should look into how private central banks charge interest from money they create out of nothing when they lend to governments. That is where your tax$$$$ are going. This kind of profiling and control is what they want and will be a forerunner to the move towards a cashless society before we are chipped up.

Comment

The major problem with welfare right now is that Obama's 785 billion dollar "stimulus" essentially nullified Clinton's 1996 Welfare Reform bill.

Robert Rector, a prominent welfare researcher who was one of the architects of Clinton's 1996 reform bill, warned last week that Obama’s stimulus plan was a “welfare spendathon” that would amount to the largest one-year increase in government handouts in American history.

Douglas Besharov, author of a big study on welfare reform, said the stimulus bill passed by Congress and the Senate in separate votes on Friday would “unravel” most of the 1996 reforms that led to a 65% reduction in welfare caseloads and prompted the British and several other governments to consider similar measures.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5733499.ece

Comment

Originally posted by Everywhere View Post
          .I am just against drug testing welfare recipients because it would end up punishing the only people it actually helps.
          But wait a second..........isn't the whole point of assistance so that people can get back on their feet? As best I can tell, you're not suppose to be on welfare for years on end. (Although I know many people who ARE, and have been.)

The point of assistance, in my estimation, is to help people who are going through a rough time. As in, they can't find a job due to a bad economy.

People who are basically just drug addicts,alcoholics, or just not employable in general, do not deserve assistance, IMO.

The government should help you, when you decide to help yourself.

Until then, you can starve in the streets for all I care.

If you have no desire to straighten out your situation, then I feel ZERO sympathy for you.

These are the people we need to weed out: People abusing the system.

And from what I've seen, it is the VAST MAJORITY of people on assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Squizz View Post
            But wait a second..........isn't the whole point of assistance so that people can get back on their feet? As best I can tell, you're not suppose to be on welfare for years on end. (Although I know many people who ARE, and have been.)

The point of assistance, in my estimation, is to help people who are going through a rough time. As in, they can't find a job due to a bad economy.

People who are basically just drug addicts,alcoholics, or just not employable in general, do not deserve assistance, IMO.

The government should help you, when you decide to help yourself.

Until then, you can starve in the streets for all I care.

If you have no desire to straighten out your situation, then I feel ZERO sympathy for you.

These are the people we need to weed out: People abusing the system.

And from what I've seen, it is the VAST MAJORITY of people on assistance.
            I understand and agree with most of this, but people are people. We all suck in our own ways...yeah some ghetto ass girls who just pump out babies and spend their money on hair, nails, and Rent-A-Centers....yeah fuk them, they don't deserve a damn penny. But those babies deserve plenty of pennies. Yeah they might be on 3-a-day lunch programs and stuff through school (which is actually embarrassing even in the inner city).

If you don't have programs set up to help those less fortunate, it is called a caste system...you are what you're born into and that is that.

Does the system perpetuate it? Yes.
            Do people abuse the system? Yes.

However, that one person it helps rise up is way more important than other one who grows up going to jail and always trying to get over on people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
              The major problem with welfare right now is that Obama's 785 billion dollar "stimulus" essentially nullified Clinton's 1996 Welfare Reform bill.

Robert Rector, a prominent welfare researcher who was one of the architects of Clinton's 1996 reform bill, warned last week that Obama’s stimulus plan was a “welfare spendathon” that would amount to the largest one-year increase in government handouts in American history.

Douglas Besharov, author of a big study on welfare reform, said the stimulus bill passed by Congress and the Senate in separate votes on Friday would “unravel” most of the 1996 reforms that led to a 65% reduction in welfare caseloads and prompted the British and several other governments to consider similar measures.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5733499.ece
              Meh rich get richer the poor get poorer,i love how people here dont give a sht about p[eople that are suffering as long as you can fill up your escalade and live far beyond the means it takes to live a decent life,its ok,fck the poor people the ones who bake your bread clean your houses that do the real work while the rich live off the blood sweat and tears of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                And whos gonna pay these "bums" to pick up garbage? The goverment would. In a time when the gov is beyond broke. And since they didn't commit any crime they would have to recieve a minimun salary and benifits because its a federal job. That would end up costing more than them being on welfare.

I get what ur saying but it doesnt make sense financially
                i live in canada & our economy is stable not like the states...

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                  Meh rich get richer the poor get poorer,i love how people here dont give a sht about p[eople that are suffering as long as you can fill up your escalade and live far beyond the means it takes to live a decent life,its ok,fck the poor people the ones who bake your bread clean your houses that do the real work while the rich live off the blood sweat and tears of others.
                  i work hard,stay in work camps away from home,i get exposed to potential hazards everyday at work. i make $40\hr & i drive a 2000 neon,my wardrobe is concert shirts,501 levis & $3 flip flops...i know many who live beyond their means but i dont.i threw away my tv,stereo,& most of my furniture.i will buy new stuff but walmart special.i am a realist & enjoy my life.my thing is travelling & concerts.so all the fancy cars & clothes are a complete waste of money.

Comment

If they spend it on drugs and alcohol they won't live long regardless. You don't ever find no old junkies.

Junkie who die at 40 is cheaper than having a dude on welfare till he retire.

Gotta be positive you know

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
                      My father was a big city official and the perks were amazing. Half the time he didn't even go to work, and when he did, he just stood around all day joking around with the help.

When you say was, do you mean he just no longer works for the city or he's deceased? And yea, that sounds about right for that kind of work.

Comment

Working...
                      X