No announcement yet.

Steve Collins today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Collins today

I think Steve would clear up the smw division today. The only fighter who would stand a chance against him is Kessler. Not even Bute could. But I think Steve at his best would beat Kessler and anyone else.

Yep i'm with you on this one .A prime Collins , prime Calzaghe would be good .Collins has beat Benn and Eubank both twice. Darren Sutherland was getting compared to Calzaghe off some people as well.Sad he died .

Comment

Comment

I always thought Collins was a bit overrated and that he came along at the right time to take advantage of Benn's and Eubank's aging. Never was too impressed with him, I believe he'd give the top super middleweights today good fights but I doubt he cleans out the division. Him vs Froch and Andrade would've been terrific wars.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
          I always thought Collins was a bit overrated and that he came along at the right time to take advantage of Benn's and Eubank's aging. Never was too impressed with him, I believe he'd give the top super middleweights today good fights but I doubt he cleans out the division. Him vs Froch and Andrade would've been terrific wars.
          Incredibly tough & determined.. Id say he'd be a front runner in any era.. Not so sure about him clearing up though..

Fights against Andrade, Kessler, Froch or Abraham would all be pretty close..

Ironicaly, Collins had been a pro longer than both Benn or Eubank, when he fought them, and to the best of my knowledge, all 3 were in approximately the same age bracket..

I think it's fair to say that the other 2 had engaged in more wars, & were fairly ring worn by the time they met a comparatively fresh Collins..

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
            Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post

I think it's fair to say that the other 2 had engaged in more wars, & were fairly ring worn by the time they met a comparatively fresh Collins..
              Even colins himself admitted he fought a washed up Benn ....as for Eubank well he was less washed up when collins fought him !
              But collins was a tough focker!

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
                I think Steve would clear up the smw division today. The only fighter who would stand a chance against him is Kessler. Not even Bute could. But I think Steve at his best would beat Kessler and anyone else.
                co-sign. the english wont agree because he beat their best two twice each (benn+eubank). dont even mentioned calzaghe brits because he was a nobody then.I wish rjj fought him and gave the warrior his big payday.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                  Incredibly tough & determined.. Id say he'd be a front runner in any era.. Not so sure about him clearing up though..

Fights against Andrade, Kessler, Froch or Abraham would all be pretty close..

Ironicaly, Collins had been a pro longer than both Benn or Eubank, when he fought them, and to the best of my knowledge, all 3 were in approximately the same age bracket..

Green K coming your way. You said it right. Collins is actually 2 years older than Eubank and the same age as Benn. Its true that Benn wasn't anymore the same guy when Steve fought him tho. But Eubank definitely was.
                  Last edited by Benncollinsaad; 10-02-2009, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I didn't like all that **** about him being hypnotised when he faught Eubs. I thought that it was a bit underhand tactics really, it worked to be fair though, Chrith was frightened of him.

PS. Prime Collins v Prime Eubs = Eubank win by TKO. He was never the same fighter after Watson.

Comment

Working...
                    X