Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mercito Gesta to fight fellow prospect Luis Ramos jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR Gesta!!

Comment

My man mikey will be champ carnal...Hes still learning the game,But he
      improving.He has another tough fight with an undefeated fighter comng
      up,Hopefully he does well.

Comment

Originally posted by TuRoK'em View Post
        they both are nearly past the point of being called prospects and with 20+ fights i really dont see them beating a b- and above fighter
        Yeah at the 21 fight mark I would expect to see better

Is Gesta going to be looking for a title at 135 or 140? I think he would be well advised to go at it in the LW division.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
          Come on man the kid is just 22. He is going to improve he has good speed and power and has good fundamentals. He hasn't ht his physical prime and will continue to improve. one area he really needs to work on is his stamina.
          he definately needs work on his stamina..and a little more on his d...he was getting tagged with good shot by that journeyman he last fought

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty FSM View Post

Is Gesta going to be looking for a title at 135 or 140? I think he would be well advised to go at it in the LW division.
            yes,He should be at lw.He is kinda small to be at 140 imo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty FSM View Post

135 for sure. **** load of fights there for him. David Diaz, Juan Diaz, Katsidis, Acosta, Antillon, Soto, Rios, Marquez, guerrero.
              Last edited by johncods; 02-28-2011, 11:42 PM.

Comment

135 for sure. **** load of fights there for him. David Diaz, Juan Diaz, Katsidis, Acosta, Antillon, Soto, Rios, Marquez, guerrero.
                he loses to all but i'll give the benefit of the doubt he is young and can def improve...

Comment

Come on man the kid is just 22. He is going to improve he has good speed and power and has good fundamentals. He hasn't ht his physical prime and will continue to improve. one area he really needs to work on is his stamina.
                  Gesta looks like something to me. He is just so damn lazy with his D. He could beat some name guys now. He's good at giving himself room to punch. His power is above average. Even when he looks gassed a little his punching power doesnt fade too much. I say let him have trial by fire with a Katsidis or D. Diaz. No rush, with time he could be champ. Those hands are fast.

Ramos looks a little less uniformed with his punches but has good hand speed and better D than Gesta. I didnt see him take any body punches but his stamina looked ok for 7 rds. I just wonder can he take a good punch.

Comment

dude is still young and I see him improving and when that time comes let Rios vs Gesta happen!

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
                      I see nothing special about Gesta. Milan Melindo and Drian Francisco are better filipino prospects. Bam Bam will brutalize this kid.

I would agree on Melindo.

But Gesta is definitely better than Drian Francisco. Drian has to work on a lot of things, most especially his defense and reckless abandon. Gesta has better defense and fundamentals than Francisco ATM.

Comment

Working...
                      X