No announcement yet.

Manny vs Broner, it makes sense.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
    No. Actually if you watch both of their rises to WW. Floyd's the one that lost movement, and only pot shots. After the Cotto fight, the consensus was 50/50. It wasn't until the Flowmos got irritated at Manny attention, that ALL THE FLOWMOS started saying, "easy work".

#truth.
    I think they've both lost movement and that suits Pacquiao more than Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      I think they've both lost movement and that suits Pacquiao more than Mayweather.
      I don't know. Of course, Manny isn't as energetic at WW compared to LW, but his movement still seemed to be there, and better overall footwork.

But I agree, it definitely favors Manny.

Comment

Arum wont allow it! But some on here have convinced themselves that Pac is a God so let it be

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Actually it suits Mayweather more than is does Pacquiao. People assume that because Mayweather is defensive and Pacquiao is offensive the former relies on his legs more but that is far from the truth. Mayweather is able to cut the ring off, control the ring and defend flat footed. Pacquiao relies on darting in and out so losing his legs makes him an easier target to time on his way in, he's not good at cutting the ring off meaning he has to use his legs more to pursue and corner his opponents.

Comment

Manny ruins Broner at this point.

Comment

I've been reading the feedback, some interesting points in there. But some of u seem to be trying too damn hard to convince me/yourself Manny can beat Broner.
              We have yet to see Broner mobile/box, he's mostly been walking his guys down (Besides the PDL fight, but Broner was what 19/20 .

I'm not convinced Manny can beat Broner tho

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                lol worse than Marquez??

It's Pacquaio's style that had Floyd concerned. Not the other way around. The revisionists are already hard at work I can see.
                I can't speak for anybody else, but from my view Mayweather has always had a style that will beat Manny. Manny likes to lunge in, fight when he gets hit, and fight when he gets hurt.

Marquez is the smarter fighter of those two, and he put Manny away (3 times imo). And I think Floyd is smarter then Marquez is, possess better speed and reflexes, arguably has better timing, and much better defensive abilities. Floyd's ability to counter, and cover up is unmatched. I would always bet on Floyd if he fought Pacquiao.

On topic though, Pacquiao would ruin Broner. Broner is way overrated right now, and he's not on Manny's level. A very bad decision if that fight happened.

Comment

Look a little deeper into Broners past. He is an accomplished amatuer boxer so he is more than capable at boxing. What he HAS done is make the transformation into pro boxing which is abit more flat footed so "power" is at any beckoned call.
                  Now as to Manny, I doubt Broner is in Mannys plans, Juan or Floyd are at the top and a possible warm up if it looks to be in Sept is understood!
                  Your (cix3) obviously not interested in Mannys future, rather another hater of quality fighters who don't know you from adam (diarhea)!!!!
                  I'm guessing from your little avitar pic you haven't much respect for people who could squash you! Oh well just another hater!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    Look a little deeper into Broners past. He is an accomplished amatuer boxer so he is more than capable at boxing. What he HAS done is make the transformation into pro boxing which is abit more flat footed so "power" is at any beckoned call.
                    Now as to Manny, I doubt Broner is in Mannys plans, Juan or Floyd are at the top and a possible warm up if it looks to be in Sept is understood!
                    Your (cix3) obviously not interested in Mannys future, rather another hater of quality fighters who don't know you from adam (diarhea)!!!!
                    I'm guessing from your little avitar pic you haven't much respect for people who could squash you! Oh well just another hater!! Ray.
                    WTF are u talkin about..... You seem a lil but hurt

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
                      Manny vs Mayweather is a wash at this point, It's obvious he has no chance against Floyd.
                      But if he manages to beat the rising star in Broner, it mite breath life back into the mega fight (But can he beat Broner?)
                      Lets face it, this is an interesting fight for both. And it's the fight that proves where both guys are headed.

Manny vs JMM 5, that needs to be both guys LAST fight (End of Both careers) if it were to happen.
                      Floyd got scared of Pac & ducks him forever!!

Broner barely pass against a Raw & Unskilled southpaw in Ponce de Leon! And many thinks he lost that fight! Pac's the greatest southpaw ever! Broner will have the beating of his life with Pac!

Comment

Working...
                      X