Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which viriut brother was the better fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which viriut brother was the better fighter?

Edwin or Adolfo?

Edwin had the better career, able to work his way to a world title shot. Adolfo had respectable efforts against both Duran and Leonard though.

Comment

Frankly I don't know, but if I had to venture a guess, I would say the one (I don't remember which) that went the distance with Duran. I could research it and submit a more informed answer, but I'm somewhat indifferent toward fighters that never won a champioship.
      Last edited by Panamaniac; 09-02-2012, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
        Frankly I don't know, but if I had to venture a guess, I would say the one (I don't remember which) that went the distance with Duran. I could research it and submit a more informed answer, but I'm somewhat indifferent toward fighters that never won a champioship.
        Both went the distance with Duran. Nobody ever knocked out Adolfo Viruet, while Edwin was only knocked out once he was completely shot at the time of the Rosario fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
          Both went the distance with Duran. Nobody ever knocked out Adolfo Viruet, while Edwin was only knocked out once he was completely shot at the time of the Rosario fight.
          In that case, I'll give the edge (still guessing) to the one that went the championship distance.

Comment

I would add this: Both of 'em used the wrong venue (the boxing ring) to practice their favorite sport - cycling.

Comment

Seems like what both brothers were best at was making opponents look bad.

Comment

Really? So you'd take more interest in David Diaz or think more highly of Paulie malignaggi? Despite him never winning a title he was certainly, without any doubt, a greater fighter than those two and many other champions today.

Edwin I'm talking about. He was the better fighter, though both were number 1 contenders at 135 and 140.

Your whole attitude is quite the pity really. Considering just how many great fighters there are that never won a title it's sad that anyone would take this view. Especially anyone supposedly interested in history. Edwin is a great example of a guy that would have certainly won titles in today's era and maybe in many other older eras too. He was an excellent, very courageous and very tough, boxer with great skill and his first fight against Duran is one of his most fun at lightweight. Really exciting fight.

There are so many fighters fighters that you are indifferent to just because they never won a title and yet are clearly better than a hell of a lot who did.

Comment

I would add this: Both of 'em used the wrong venue (the boxing ring) to practice their favorite sport - cycling.
                  I've never even watched them fight but this made me laugh out loud

Comment

Working...
                  X