No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Oosthuizen: We Turned Down The Carl Froch Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Oosthuizen: We Turned Down The Carl Froch Fight

IBO super-middleweight champion Thomas Oosthuizen will continue his career in the US after turning down an opportunity to face IBF title holder Carl Froch in Nottingham in November.

The 24 year-old made the fifth defence of his world title last week with a unanimous victory over Rowland Bryant at the Roseland Ballroom in New York and was a strong favourite to step up and face the ‘Cobra’ in his hometown.

"We've turned down that fight," manager Brian
    [Click Here To Read More]

So then! How about Oosthuizen vs Brian Maggee?

Comment

Comment

Good move, he would've received a terrible beating that could've ended his career.

Comment

Probably a smart move on his part.

Tommy should target Groves.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
            I'd love to see Froch vs. Bika.

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
            So then! How about Oosthuizen vs Brian Maggee?
            Good idea.

Magee is the right opponent for him at this stage.

Comment

I sincerely hope this doesn't bring Pavlik-Froch to the table.

Comment

Tommy Gun needs to work on his defense before he fights someone the calibre of Froch.

Comment

Not surprised that he turned it down as it's a year or two too early for him, but I'm curious about why they seemingly spent weeks having serious discussions and then decided against it. Maybe the payday was less than they wanted or the location was an issue. Or perhaps a lot of it was rumours and no real negotiations took place.

Hopefully he'll sort something out soon, I think he should consider Adonis Stevenson. If you know you have to face a mandatory within the next year, it's better to get it out of the way when you have nothing else on the table rather than leaving it until Kessler/Bute becomes available and then have to choose between facing a big name or keeping the belt.

Comment

We would have got destroyed anyway. Let's hope there are some boxers left with the balls to challenge Froch.

Comment

Working...
                    X