Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirrell and Froch laid the blueprint for beating Abraham..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How you beat an inactive dude that is short with short arms that has power isn't rocket science.

Stay all the way in or all the way out, going in and out gives him a shot since you will pass through his range. K.I.S.S.

Comment

The phonebooth has been Ward's bread and butter in recent fights. I understand saying inside could be safe for him. But with the way he clinches, the ref will at times separate and there's no way he can just sit in AA's chest for 12 rounds. Without the referee himself passing out due to boredom. I think there will be in and out in this fight, which doesn't guarantee anything for AA. But it will give him opportunities. The safe way to fight AA is at distance from the outside. I don't think Ward's abilities really lend themselves to that sort of gameplan.

Folks can undervalue what Froch did all they want, but the same way Froch can't do a lot of things Ward can do. Ward can't do a lot of things Froch can do. This fight could get interesting.

Comment

Ward can do both as long as he doesn't bullshit in between he will be fine.

If he is careless in his transitions he is playing with fire and even if Abraham doesn't take advantage someone down the line would..

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
          It involves using length, movement and keeping Abraham at distance among other things. Andre Ward, although undefeated thus far does not fight this way. He uses movement yes, but not the way Froch and Dirrell were capable of.. Froch fought tall, and Dirrell fought back peddaling + side to side. Ward fights in your chest mugging you. Working briefly outside of his opponents range then quickly jumping inside of it.

Froch and Dirrell spent every round attempting to work outside of Abraham's range. The reason being AA's power is very real.. We still haven't seen anyone attempt to fight Abraham in a phone booth or in close. As talented as Ward is, he will not be capitalizing on the blue print that everyone uses to discredit Abraham as a Super Middleweight. I'm not necessarily picking an upset, but there is some stylistic intrigue to this matchup IMO. Please discuss!
          Isn't that what you do to a guy with 1 punch KO power?

Comment

jermain taylor laid the bluprint on how to beat abraham

throw the jab and score points
            dont be there when he loads up a huge shot and tries to kill you with it

dude's always been a one trick pony

if jt wasnt a completely spent force he would have decisioned abraham just like dirrell and froch

if you dont fight abraham it's easy to pick him apart with a "western style (lol!)

ask froch
            he's the slickest dude around

Comment

Originally posted by PandaKilla View Post
              Isn't that what you do to a guy with 1 punch KO power?
              That's what I said was the blue print laid out by Dirrell and Ward. We haven't seen Ward do that for 12 rounds, and if you read everything written it explains that Ward's skill-set may not lend itself to that sort of gameplan.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                jermain taylor laid the bluprint on how to beat abraham

throw the jab and score points
                dont be there when he loads up a huge shot and tries to kill you with it

dude's always been a one trick pony

if jt wasnt a completely spent force he would have decisioned abraham just like dirrell and froch

if you dont fight abraham it's easy to pick him apart with a "western style (lol!)

ask froch
                he's the slickest dude around
                I am a big JT fan, but even a prime JT was going to lose that fight. He was getting outboxed while doing his typical work. There was no major dropoff in workload or change in style. Not that beating JT or having close fights with him is a particularly exclusive club.

Comment

Working...
                X