Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lyoto Machida vs. Rampage Jackson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had this fight happened 2 years ago, I would pick Machida to win this, but I think Shogun pretty much put out the blue print to beating Machida. Machida's defense relies on his legs and he moves straight back. If pressured long enough, Machida can be caught pretty easily. His counters aren't that great especially against fighters with good chins. Rampage will just overwhelm Machida and eventually catch him with a big punch (ala shogun) and finish him.

Comment

Originally posted by American_Ninja View Post
      Machida by "Wax On, Wax Off".

That is all.
      LMFAO

fkn best post ever man. hahahahahhahahha

Comment

Old Rampage would power bomb him, current Rampage would lose.

Comment

Rampage's time is up

Comment

Machida is going to be careful, gun and run similar to the Tito fight IMO...

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
              had this fight happened 2 years ago, I would pick Machida to win this, but I think Shogun pretty much put out the blue print to beating Machida. Machida's defense relies on his legs and he moves straight back. If pressured long enough, Machida can be caught pretty easily. His counters aren't that great especially against fighters with good chins. Rampage will just overwhelm Machida and eventually catch him with a big punch (ala shogun) and finish him.
              Rampage isn't technically a striker on the level of Shogun. Rashad basically tried a similar strategy by lingering on the outside and trying to force Machida to come in and leave himself open to counters, and Machida simply chopped him up with kicks from the outside, and forced Rashad to himself rush in and get KO'd.

I agree with you though that Machida fights well when he's pressured, however I don't think Rampage will have the ability to exploit this. Rashad was made into a sitting duck when Machida turned the pressure on, and Rampage would likely face a similar situation.

I am actually very interested in this matchup because I think it is an interesting stylistic clash. It would seem to me though that Machida is all wrong for Rampage, given his technical style and overall superior striking. Rampage's power and general strength and physicality could even the scores to an extent, and at the very least, you can never count out a guy with the sort of punching power that Rampage possesses.

Comment

Machida will be very cautious in this fight, Rampage is going to keep stalking him and get KO same way as Rashad, Rashad should never have gotten a match with Shogun, he should fight Machida while Shogun heals, and they should have had Rampage Vs Forrest II with the Machida - Rashad winner getting title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by venom1 View Post
                  Machida will be very cautious in this fight, Rampage is going to keep stalking him and get KO same way as Rashad, Rashad should never have gotten a match with Shogun, he should fight Machida while Shogun heals, and they should have had Rampage Vs Forrest II with the Machida - Rashad winner getting title shot.
                  I can see the logic in this, however from an entertainment standpoint, I like the current matchups. Rampage-Machida is something which is fresh and (to me) interesting, and Rashad-Machida 2 is not a fight I'd get too excited about, because I would expect it to go pretty much the same way as the first fight. As for Rampage-Forrest 2, while it would be nice maybe to see Rampage get a shot at redemption, I'm not a fan of Forrest and wouldn't be too interested in that fight either. As for Rashad-Shogun, again, it's something new and could be an interesting fight. I like to watch Shogun fight, and Rashad is a somewhat dangerous opponent, although he is also a big underdog, and it will likely be a Shogun showcase fight. As a fan of Shogun, I don't mind this. Rashad may have a chance in this fight, but I like Shogun's chances much better.

Comment

But the main sticking point being Rashad hasn't earned it, yes he has had two fights again but the main point is he layed and prayed, dry humped, held down Thiago Silva and Rampage and in both fights in the third round he almost got KO and survived ONLY due to the fact his opponents completely gassed out, that isn't a number one contender to me.

Comment

If Rampage hits him its lights out

Comment

Working...
                      X