No announcement yet.

McAfee founder Wanted for Murder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] McAfee founder Wanted for Murder

Antivirus pioneer John McAfee is on the run from murder charges, Belize police say. According to Marco Vidal, head of the national police force's Gang Suppression Unit, McAfee is a prime suspect in the murder of American expatriate Gregory Faull, who was gunned down Saturday night at his home in San Pedro Town on the island of Ambergris Caye.

Details remain sketchy so far, but residents say that Faull was a well-liked builder who hailed originally from California Florida. The two men had been at odds for some time. Last Wednesday, Faull filed a formal complaint against McAfee with the mayor's office, asserting that McAfee had fired off guns and exhibited "roguish behavior." Their final disagreement apparently involved dogs.

Last Wednesday, Faull filed a formal complaint against McAfee in the local mayor's office, claiming that the software mogul had been firing off guns and exhibiting "roughish behavior."

McAfee is reportedly a prime suspect for the murder of his neighbor. Spokesman Raphael Martinez told The Associated Press that other neighbors have been questioned, but McAfee has not been home.

It should be noted, however, that details about the case remain unclear.

The professional decline of McAfee, who founded McAfee Associates in the 1980s, began at least three years ago when his wealth plummeted from $100 million to $4 million, and he auctioned off property to pay his bills, according to The New York Times. Intel purchased the company in 2010 for $7.68 billion.

At the time, the Times described him as "an atypical businessman — easily bored and given to serial obsessions." He had a penchant for yoga and began investing in real estate in remote locations.

In April, McAfee's Belize compound was stormed by the GSU. A chemistry lab, $20,000 in cash and a stock of firearms were found in the house, but McAfee claimed the raid was linked to his not giving money to "the local political boss," according to Network World, a tech news website.

http://gizmodo.com/5959812/john-mcaf...ted-for-murder

dayummmmmmmmmmm i remember mcafee antivirus

Comment

I guess dude was killing more then just viruses online. lol

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
        I guess dude was killing more then just viruses online. lol

what if the people he kills are the viruses of the world?

Comment

Originally posted by RetiringScene View Post
          what if the people he kills are the viruses of the world?
          hmmmm? a la Dexter Morgan? I see your logic.

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
            hmmmm? a la Dexter Morgan? I see your logic.
            lets hope thats the real reason

Comment

His antivirus software was a ****ing joke, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by RetiringScene View Post
                lets hope thats the real reason
                precisely!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  your not kidding Bringer! that ish was a$$! lol

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    Im rather convinced his program is what actually gave me viruses

Comment

Working...
                    X