No announcement yet.

Prescott Clearly beat McCloskey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close fight - I scored it a draw.

Prescott won the early rounds and McCloskey clearly won the later ones.

Comment

Kinda hard to score rounds for Prescott when he's getting chased around the ring by a smaller guy with no power and winging wild inaccurate punches in return to keep him off.

I think anyone who thinks that was a clear win for Prescott needs to rewatch the fight.

Comment

Lamont Peterson would own both.

Comment

I was at the fight, gonna watch it later on once everyone heads to bed and i get a chance to watch a bit of tv (****ing x-factor)

Just gonna copy and paste a previous post i made about my thoughts of how the fight went as i cant be ****ed typing it again:

My seats were ****, the wall was literally behind me so my view wasnt the best.

I thought the fight was close, didnt score it but knew it would be tight. Prescott seemed to miss a hell of a lot of punches but managed to stun McCloskey a few times when he did catch him but couldnt capitilse on it. Prescott won his rounds big, but there were alot of close rounds imo that consisted of McCloskey not throwing much but landing most of them, and Prescott throwing a lot and missing the vast majority of them.

One thing i was surprised with was McCloskey seemed to have Prescott on the back foot and cornered a lot of the time even though he wasnt throwing. I wouldve thought pre-fight that Prescott would be the one going forwards.

One thing i didnt mention before, i didnt see the KD, my mate was asking who was in the sky studio (i had a better view of it than the fight lol) and i was pointing out who was who when it happened. I just heard boo's, and looked and saw McCloskey standing in the corner taking a count so dont know what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
            Prescott did good in the final 30 seconds of that round, but Paul did just as good in the first 2 minutes.

I think you're grasping at straws here if you can't admit that Paul simply took the fight over in the middle rounds. It was clear to see because of how much Prescott dropped off from the good work he did in the first half only to get backed up and hit at will whenever Paul put it on him.

I think I had Paul winning pretty much every round from the 7th or 8th on.
            Totally agree. McCloskey won the first 2 minutes of the 12th. Unfortunately people seem to only remember the ends of rounds when, if anything, McCloskey had punched himself out.

I think it shouldve been a draw. Prescott dominated the first half. McCloskey came back in the second. They should just rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Totally agree. McCloskey won the first 2 minutes of the 12th. Unfortunately people seem to only remember the ends of rounds when, if anything, McCloskey had punched himself out.

I think it shouldve been a draw. Prescott dominated the first half. McCloskey came back in the second. They should just rematch.
              prescott clearly won the 12th. why would mccloskey win it? the first 2 minutes he was just winging inaccurate punches and ducking low. nothing great there. prescott landed the bigger and better punches in the round and had mccloskey hurt. pretty clear round to score unless we are using the calzaghe scoring criteria. if a guy barely wins the first 2 minutes(which is debatable) but then gets pounded the last minute he still loses the round.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                prescott clearly won the 12th. why would mccloskey win it? the first 2 minutes he was just winging inaccurate punches and ducking low. nothing great there. prescott landed the bigger and better punches in the round and had mccloskey hurt. pretty clear round to score unless we are using the calzaghe scoring criteria. if a guy barely wins the first 2 minutes(which is debatable) but then gets pounded the last minute he still loses the round.
                Daggum is a racist who hates white boxers.

On his scorecard, Lacy defeated Calzaghe

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  Oh what a surprise. I never expected this point of view from you!

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Daggum is a racist who hates white boxers.

On his scorecard, Lacy defeated Calzaghe

Is this true Daggum?

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post

Is this true Daggum?
                      yes you were all fooled by the crowd.

Comment

Working...
                      X