Lennox Lewis vs Earnie Shavers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennox Lewis vs Earnie Shavers

15 rounds. Who wins?

Neither one of these guys can take a very good punch.

I pick Lewis by 10th round stoppage. He's too fundamentally sound for Shavers and his punches are more accurate.

lewis is just too good a boxer, he would not be complacent in a fight like this due to him respecting shavers power, shavers would be in a david tua type situation where he would be looking for that one big punch, but it would more than likely not come. Lewis KO 7.

Comment

No reason for this thread to even continue as Paul nailed it right on the head.

I don't even think it would go that long. Shavers had an even weaker chin than Lewis IMO.

Comment

I think you're right. I'll come up with a few more fantasy fights later on...

Comment

Not so quick, now. Didn't this fight already happen with a more skilled version of Lennox, ala Larry Holmes? Sure Lennox has a slight edge in power over Larry, but nothing else. Lennox sure doesn't have the granite chin that took Larry to the count of 8 to get off the canvas.

I don't think Lennox would want to get close enough to land anything huge for fear of getting getting hit with something even bigger. A decision for Lennox, but a nailbiter all the way waiting for The Acorn to land a tree on Lennox.

Comment

Great fantasy fight pick. Lennox by slim UD. Then he goes to the shower to wash the **** from his pants.

Comment

I would go with Shavers By knockout. I dont think Lewis is a sgood as Larry Holmes defensively or in pretty much any other way except for power. Shavers would get in and KO him maybe early. If Lewis had better movement maybe I could see him winning by stoppage or descision but he does not have the movement and workrate to keeps Shavers off and from landing those big punches.
              Last edited by The Troll; 06-29-2005, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Lewis would be very careful in this fight and stay on the outside, covering up with his solid jab all night long. I think this would make him survive and win by decision after a boring match. He might take out Shavers late in the fight, considering Shavers' poor chin and stamina. On the other hand, it would only take one solid shot by Shavers, and it would be lights out for Lewis.

Lennox Lewis by UD (or Shavers by early ko)

Comment

Lennox by decision... The best jab in the h/w division in the last 30-40 years...

His only problem was complacency against opponents he didn't respect and I'm sure he'd give Shavers respect for his power..

In against a fighter he respects I'd put him against almost any heavyweight in history... Not saying he'd beat them all with style but he did what he had to do to win... Even if that's just using his size to lean and hold if necessary..

Ali not, forman not cos there the same size and more skill/power but Frazier, Marciano, Tyson no problems IMO..

Comment

Originally posted by solo1bc
                    Lennox by decision... The best jab in the h/w division in the last 30-40 years...
                    Lewis had a good jab. But Holmes Jab was considerably better IMO and I think most people would agree. Plus Holmes had better movement and was more slippery in there than Lewis. The only way Lewis is better than Holmes is that he hits harder.

I have to conceed however that in regards to my fantasy fight prediction I have only seen Shavers vs Holmes and against Norton.
                    Last edited by The Troll; 06-29-2005, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X