No announcement yet.

Sonny Liston vs. Joe Frazier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonny Liston vs. Joe Frazier

Would this be a duplicate of the Forman-Frazier fights?

Or would Smokin' Joe Frazier find Sonny Liston an easier opponent?

What are your thoughts?

Thank You

Originally posted by boxingbuff View Post
    Would this be a duplicate of the Forman-Frazier fights?

Or would Smokin' Joe Frazier find Sonny Liston an easier opponent?

What are your thoughts?

Thank You
    Frazier would have been a nightmare for Liston..

1. He wouldn't have been intimidated
    2. He was too fast for Liston
    3. He had more heart than Liston
    4. He hit hard as hard as Liston

Comment

I think liston would've dominated him with his jab.

plus, liston's crew was always ****ing around with that peppermint oil liniment for his 'hurt shoulder' what it really was, was a way for liston to blind his opponents for a few rounds.

Comment

Nice matchup.

I can't see Liston cutting down Frazier in the way Foreman did ; I just can't. He doesn't have that raw punching power that George had.

Not saying he doesn't pack a nice punch in his own right, but I just don't see it being comparable to Foreman's.

Liston would probably want to keep Joe on the end of his jab in this one.

And I just don't see that working ; when have you ever seen Frazier content to stay on the end of his opponet's jab?

I'd expect Liston to win the early rounds, but Frazier to gradually close the gap and work his way inside as he always did.

Sonny may be able to put Joe down, but he wouldn't have the power to keep him down. Hell, how many times did Foreman drop Joe, only to see him get up and come back for more?

I'd pick Frazier to chop him down in the late rounds, somewhere between 10 and 13.

Comment

I would pick Liston to beat Frazier.

Frazier's management didn't really want any part of even an old Sonny Liston. I'm not sure if an old Liston would have been able to take the pressure then but he was always a threat due to his power.

Comment

As much as I love Frazier, I'd pick Liston in this one.

Comment

frazier is overratted so much, listons jabs in his face all day.....then cuts him down like floyd patterson.....round 6 tko liston....

Comment

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
                frazier is overratted so much, listons jabs in his face all day.....then cuts him down like floyd patterson.....round 6 tko liston....
                Frazier had excellent head movement.. He's also faced and beaten one of the best jabbers in the businees, who also outjabbed Liston easily.. Liston would miss, tire & lose..

Comment

The last they'd see of Frazier would be on a radar screen.

Comment

I'd pick Liston too, it wouldn't be quite as one sided as the Foreman fights but I favour Liston in every department.

Comment

Working...
                    X