Dana White plans to 'talk' with Nick Diaz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana White plans to 'talk' with Nick Diaz

http://www.heavy.com/mma/ufc/2011/04...ick-diaz-talk/

Megan Olivi brought up the topic of Diaz’s foray into professional boxing with Dana White following Wednesday’s press conference for UFC 129, and the UFC President shared his thoughts on the subject.

“I’ll say the same thing I always say about Nick. He’s a tough one to deal with. He doesn’t play the game well. I think the kid has potential. Forget about fighting – he has the potential to be a star. But for some reason he’s an anti-star,” White said. “I know for a fact that boxing isn’t for him, because I’ve been in boxing for years. All of the boxers wish they were involved with us.”

“So now that we’re involved, literally after this fight is over, I’m going to fly over to see Nick Diaz. We’re going to sit down and talk.”

Sounds like Nick might be getting his shot at GSP if and probably when GSP beats Sheilds...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      Sounds like Nick might be getting his shot at GSP if and probably when GSP beats Sheilds...

I don't think Diaz can beat GSP, but I love watching him. White is right though, Diaz' bad boy rep won't transcend over to boxing and he would be starting out near the bottom instead of being near the top in MMA. I think the move would be a mistake.

Comment

WTF is Dana White talkin about when he says "All the boxers wish they were involved with us (UFC)?"

Besides James Toney and Mercer who is he talkin bout? Why would any boxer want to get paid peanuts and sign away their image and likeness to join a joke like UFC? GTFOH

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
          They could milk the story well since Jake and Nick are training partners and good friends. I could see it.

Comment

“I know for a fact that boxing isn’t for him, because I’ve been in boxing for years. All of the boxers wish they were involved with us.”

Comment

**** dana white.

i wanna see nick diaz whip his ass and flip him off stone cold steve austin style.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                WTF is Dana White talkin about when he says "All the boxers wish they were involved with us (UFC)?"

Besides James Toney and Mercer who is he talkin bout? Why would any boxer want to get paid peanuts and sign away their image and likeness to join a joke like UFC? GTFOH
                exactly.

only fat, out of shape boxers who aren't even relevant in boxing anymore want to be involved with mma, like my boy butterbean. bwahahahahah!!

if ufc paid there guys better, i'm sure more boxers would at least want to try mma out.

Comment

Working...
                X