No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana Knocks Angel Martinez Out in Three

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana Knocks Angel Martinez Out in Three

Former world champion Marcos "El Chino" Maidana stopped Angel "Archangel" Martinez in the third round of their welterweight fight, capturing the Intercontinental welterweight title of the World Boxing Association (WBA) at the legendary Luna Park Stadium in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Maidana started slow, but started to open up in the second. During the third round action, Maidana cornered Martinez and unleashed a shot to the body that put the Mexican boxer down for the full count.

[Click Here To Read More]

Maidana drew quite the crowd over there. Nice body shot he threw.

Comment

we all saw it coming.

Comment

Maidana is one of the most feared fighter's in the welterweight division. Bring on Maidana/Thurman.

Comment

Maidana vs. Guerrero would be good. But I wonder if Malignaggi would be able to outbox him like Devon Alexander did?

Comment

Maidana-Malignaggi

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
              Yeah, that body shot was great.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                Luna Park only seats around 8,000 people or so

been reading up on the venue and it does have a pretty storied history, but still a capacity of only 8,000ish is pretty small

Comment

And 8000 seats in Argentina revenue terms is probably like 800 in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
                    Luna Park only seats around 8,000 people or so

been reading up on the venue and it does have a pretty storied history, but still a capacity of only 8,000ish is pretty small
                    Luna Park seats more than 12.000 for boxing, i don't know last night but when maidana fought corley in 2010 there were 12.000 people. The record for most people at luna park is 23.000 in the 60's for Bonavena-Gorosito.

Comment

Working...
                    X