No announcement yet.

*New Vid Obama Signs Martial Law Bill: NDAA Now Law

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    I don't understand why Americans who clearly despise their own country and their own people always try to classify themselves as patriots. Honestly you describe virtually the entire population as "sheep" and glorify the sad delusional paranoiac minority as being the only people who are "awake", you call your government corrupt, your corporations evil and your military brutal and then you say "I love my country, I do, THAT'S WHY I'M AGAINST EVERYTHING IT DOES!"

This new act is no different than the prevention of terrorism acts that have been in place in countries that have known domestic terrorism for DECADES. Places like Spain (Eta), Canada (Quebec separatists) and the UK (IRA) have robust anti-terror laws, not because of some plot for oligarchs to wrest control from the masses but out of a pragmatic necessity to protect its people from those who would do them harm.

You see the anti-terror laws in Britain actually go further than those being passed in the United States and in Britain and yet the US is ruled by a much tinier, much more exclusive set of privileged rich men than the UK has been since they started paying members of Parliament a salary.

You conspi******s need to realise that mass oppression in a brutal and physical kind almost always follows a revolution. I can't think of an example of a society that slowly builds up the oppression of its people, but I can think of plenty that imposed repression on a massive scale following a usually violent revolution. The people in charge of America like things the way they are. They don't need to change things, they already enjoy the maximum of privilege and power.

This notion of the US suddenly taking its cues from impoverished dictatorships like North Korea or Stalin's Russia is nothing more than frontier gun-nut fantasies writ large.
    I see you're off your meds today ...

There is a difference between despising the POLITICIANS that have diligently ruined the country, and despising the actual country itself. I despise the former not the latter and you will not find one post of mine that states other wise. So, I would turn in that crystal ball, you're so fond of.

And, why is it, that everyone who has issues with, how the Govt. spends taxes, how the Govt. is knowingly undermining the constitution, how the Govt. is meddling in individuals and foreign country affairs, all become conspirators\ conspiracy theorists and the like ...... how does that happen???

I know its not a popular position to take, especially when sock puppets are involved, but it is the truth!!!
    People aren't taking to the street because the POLITICIANS are looking out for the people who elected them, they are taking to the streets because the citizens of this country are being screwed royally.

Comment

So I'm willing to bet the market will crash soon and there will be riots and what not and this will be a big factor in it.
      Last edited by MRBOOMER; 01-02-2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

This is exactly why i dont have kids, i am not putting them through this *****

Comment

I get the feeling that obama was just a puppet to take the heat, and that this bill was going to be passed regardless of who was president.

It was bound to happen- every government wants to be a dictatorship.

Sure we can hate on obama and even elect somebody else, but that bill is not going anywhere, and we're still ****ed.

Unless Obama has a grander purpose for all this... who knows.
          Last edited by DARKSEID; 01-02-2012, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
            I see you're off your meds today ...

There is a difference between despising the POLITICIANS that have diligently ruined the country, and despising the actual country itself.
            Read the post again. You lambaste the people of America for being "sheep", sometimes even using the infantile pun "sheeple", and only consider the infinitesimally tiny minority of Americans who share your delusion anti-establishment pseudo-opinions to even be "awake". You despise the government, you despise the corporations, you despise the military and most of all you despise your fellow citizens. Sure you might SAY you don't despise the people, but when you consider them, to a man, to be brainwashed psi-ops zombies I'm not entirely sure how you can make such a claim with a straight face.

I despise the former not the latter and you will not find one post of mine that states other wise. So, I would turn in that crystal ball, you're so fond of.
            Originally posted by araamis
            Its refreshing, to see that not all are sound asleep ... Good post!!!!
            And, why is it, that everyone who has issues with, how the Govt. spends taxes, how the Govt. is knowingly undermining the constitution, how the Govt. is meddling in individuals and foreign country affairs, all become conspirators\ conspiracy theorists and the like ...... how does that happen???
            Government is a process of compromise in attempt to further a particular agenda. That's how democracy is. So in short, not "everyone" has issues with how the government spends tax money, not "everyone" has issues with the country meddling in the affairs of other countries. One group who is automatically annoyed with everything the government does is... can you guess? Conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones and like you.

I know its not a popular position to take, especially when sock puppets are involved, but it is the truth!!!
            First you point out that the government must be wrong because it makes unpopular decisions, now you're applauding your own courage by being unpopular? Careful you don't hurt your shoulder while you pat yourself on the back.

People aren't taking to the street because the POLITICIANS are looking out for the people who elected them, they are taking to the streets because the citizens of this country are being screwed royally.
            Actually the former would be a rational reason to take to the streets, and in fact there is a core of people involved in the (US only) occupy movement who have ably demonstrated that this is the reason that the movement has so much traction in the United States when it has fizzled out completely everywhere else. They're right: The American people are not sufficiently represented by their representatives in Washington for a large number of reasons, principal among them being the prerequisite of privilege in order to even be considered for office and of course the issue of corporate and special interest lobbyists who unfathomably (due to voter apathy I would guess) have more power than the actual electorate.

Unfortunately the occupy movement is sullied by malcontent anti-government polemicists like you who are against stuff and junk.

You could kill the lobbyists by turning out to vote and doing so in droves. You could overturn the rich-boys-club atmosphere of the House and the Senate and even the presidency by refusing to elect the usual cloistered elite and electing representatives from "the people" instead, like they do in Britain, like they do in Canada. The trick is in getting people to vote, not in dropping out and claiming, with fingers stuffed proudly into ears, that the whole thing is a sham and the government wants you dead.

Comment

needed to get it in before the occupy people show up in spring....that way they can pull some iran **** and sneak into protestors houses killing them while they sleep.

while forcing their parents to pay for the bullets and sign non discourse agreements if they want to actually bury their child's body.

I really really really hope the gov tries to pull that ****, should be fun seeing how they deal with the angry dragon the rears its head, while also dealing with iran pakistan china, and who knows what else.
              Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 01-02-2012, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                needed to get it in before the occupy people show up in spring....that way they can pull some iran **** and sneak into protestors houses killing them while they sleep.

while forcing their parents to pay for the bullets and sign non discourse agreements if they want to actually bury their child's body.

I really really really hope the gov tries to pull that ****, should be fun seeing how they deal with the angry dragon the rears its head, while also dealing with iran pakistan china, and who knows what else.
                But that isn't going to happen. Ever.

Iran wasn't a democracy that suddenly said "Let's start denying women their rights, let's make it illegal to stop being a muslim, let's hire secret police to ensure that Islamic law is followed". Iran underwent a revolution and there has been a struggle between progressive and regressive forces ever since. China was not a messy parliamentary system that one day passed a law banning dissidents and ordering their execution and the billing of the victims' families for the bullets. China underwent a revolution first.

Comment

DIDNT REPUBLICANS START THIS WITH http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Act

PEOPLE DIDNT SEEM TO CARE THEN OH BUT ITS OBAMA HE GETS MORE ATTENTION BECAUSE HES A HATED BLACK

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    But that isn't going to happen. Ever.

Iran wasn't a democracy that suddenly said "Let's start denying women their rights, let's make it illegal to stop being a muslim, let's hire secret police to ensure that Islamic law is followed". Iran underwent a revolution and there has been a struggle between progressive and regressive forces ever since. China was not a messy parliamentary system that one day passed a law banning dissidents and ordering their execution and the billing of the victims' families for the bullets. China underwent a revolution first.
                    yup lets claim we can predict the future just so we can get the last word in and make it seem like we know everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                      yup lets claim we can predict the future just so we can get the last word in and make it seem like we know everything.
                      Nobody can predict the future. But you can look at what happened in the past and extrapolate from there. For the record my prediction for the future is that everything will sort of tick along like is always has whereas your prediction included people being shot in their beds.

Comment

Working...
                      X