Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

By the age of 24, a 3 divisions, 2 lineals, champ at 19, media hype or overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When he was in the lower weights, he was doing his thing.

Recently the media has been overhyping him. The current Pacquiao is definitely a media created hype job. The wins are inflated, his status is inflated because of these pretty average wins. Fighting the the guys who use to be the best, when they are not the best anymore. Nothing great about a fighter doing that. That gets me mad actually. I was a big Martinez hater not too long ago, a really big one, like Mushadeen level..then Martinez shut me up after the Pavlik win and Williams KO, and taking the Dzinzuruk fight that HBO forced him to take.

Pacquiao can shut me up as well, by beating some live young fighters consistently...like Bradley, Ortiz-Berto winner, and fighting the guys people want him to fight when they are good, not when they are coming off bad performances or losses.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Recently the media has been overhyping him. The current Pacquiao is definitely a media created hype job. The wins are inflated, his status is inflated because of these pretty average wins. Fighting the the guys who use to be the best, when they are not the best anymore. Nothing great about a fighter doing that. That gets me mad actually. I was a big Martinez hater not too long ago, a really big one, like Mushadeen level..then Martinez shut me up after the Pavlik win and Williams KO, and taking the Dzinzuruk fight that HBO forced him to take.

Pacquiao can shut me up as well, by beating some live young fighters consistently...like Bradley, Ortiz-Berto winner, and fighting the guys people want him to fight when they are good, not when they are coming off bad performances or losses.
      Pac is proven warrior who has 7 good wins in 7 weight divisions compared to Martinez 2 recent ok win now suddenly he is much better. lmao. 7 good wins in 7 weight divisions plus 4 lineal titles. Even the media or whoever cant change that facts. If Pac dispite of his accomplisnments is overrated and media created to some people what else you can say about Martinez whose best wins were from Williams and Palvik who? They are ok fighters but far from HOF material let alone a great one.
      Last edited by straightleft; 12-22-2011, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Your beef is with Bob Arum aka "Pacquiao's brain." He's going to match him with fighters where the outcome isn't really in doubt. He'd be crazy to throw Manny in there with young lions fight after fight, if he did that he wouldn't be the shrewd business man we all know him to be.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
          Pac is proven warrior who has 7 good wins in 7 weight divisions compared to Martinez 2 recent ok win now suddenly he is much better. lmao. 7 good wins in 7 weight divisions plus 4 lineal titles. Even the media or whoever cant change that facts. If Pac dispite of his accomplisnments is overrated and media created to some people what else you can say about Martinez whose best wins were from Williams and Palvik who? They are ok fighters but far from HOF material let alone a great one.
          Pacquiao did nothing at 135 and 150.

Comment

back then he was really a beast

Comment

If they were to rate his resume from 122-130 to 135-150, I'd pick 122-130.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he only had one fight in each right?
                135- Diaz
                150- Margo

Comment

Pacquiao fellow HOF fighters in their time and within their weight division are Barrera, Morales, Marquez and Mayweather. Other else are just bunch of good fighters and not worthy to be mentioned here. To make it right, you have to compare Pacquiao accomplishments to his fellow HOF fighters to make an accurate measurement of what they achieved. You can easily see if Pacquao is really an overrated media created hype job or not. If you think Barrera, Morales, Marquez and Mayweather are legit fighters than media created hype job Pacquiao. You should be able to answer easily the question below and have the right conclusion.

Now what they did or their accomplishment at...

112, 122, 126, 130, 135, 140, 147, 154? Now this should be the right question.
                  Last edited by straightleft; 12-22-2011, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                    Pacquiao fellow HOF fighters in their time and within their weight division are Barrera, Morales, Marquez and Mayweather. Other else are just bunch of good fighters and not worthy to be mentioned here. To make it right, you have to compare Pacquiao accomplishments to his fellow HOF fighters to make an accurate measurement of what they achieved. You can easily see if Pacquao is really an overrated media created hype job or not. If you think Barrera, Morales, Marquez and Mayweather are legit fighters than media created hype job Pacquiao. You should be able to answer easily the question below and have the right conclusion.

Now what they did or their accomplishment at...

112, 122, 126, 130, 135, 140, 147, 154? Now this is should be the right question.
                    I don't think he will answer you easy ass question as he will expose himself in doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer.exposed View Post
                      I don't think he will answer you easy ass question as he will expose himself in doing so.
                      They like to pick one division or one fight then say Pacquiao did nothing and completely forget everything he did.

Comment

Working...
                      X