Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When an opponent is chosen for Pacquiao.. Who do you ultimately hold accountable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimately, it has to be on the fighter.

All Arum does is set him up with a date, and PAC is the one who has to find it attractive.( metaphor)

Comment

how about the "Freddie is influencing Pacquiao to fight this & that" angle?

Freddie & Manny were close like father & son

i think the scenario is like this: Arum would present the list of opponents to Pac then Pac would confide to Freddie

but thats only my theory

Comment

I think Arum has the most to do with it, a little with Roach. But ultimately Pac's decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
          I think Arum has the most to do with it, a little with Roach. But ultimately Pac's decision.
          Ultimately, yes.

Comment

pacquiao , no doubt.....

Comment

Pac could tell Arum to make a fight with anyone he wants, so nobody controls Pacquiao. Its the promoters job to get the fights though, so I'll say Pac is accountable seeing as hes the one who chose the promoter.

Comment

Obviously Arum influences Pac's choices, followed by Roach. But at the end of the day Pacquiao is a grown man (a congressman at that) and he is ultimately the one to be held accountable.

Comment

Its on Manny.

Comment

Afaik, Pac did pick Clottey out of the available
                    TR guys last year. Who would have thought
                    Clottey would just play Pac's personal punching
                    bag in their fight?

But I don't see the point. Why can't he have the
                    option of picking his fights? He who has the gold
                    makes the rules. Many boxers who don't even
                    have the slightest stature of Pac decline fights.
                    I'd be stupid to pick Klitschko if I were Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                      Who do you ultimately hold accountable when deciding an opponent for Pacquiao?
                      I believe the manager (Konz) should ultimately be held accountable. The end of the day, the manager is responsible to get the fighter the biggest payday. In my opinion, as a fiduciary to his client, economically speaking, Konz should have elected the trilogy in JMM which would generate more interest and sales than that of Mosley who's coming off sloppy performance against Mora and a loss agains the P4P champion Mayweather.

That being said, I believe there are inherent conflicts of interests Pac faces and that is with the promoter who is in charge of generating interests in fights. There is no reason for the "Pac marketing machine" to slow down now, they (Top Rank) want to squeeze dollar beating a fighter whom is literally on his last leg (sorry mosley, I like you but you had a good run) but is still somewhat marketable and not as threating as lets say like JMM. Furthermore I don't believe either promoter or manager will want JMM at the lower (competitve) weight of 140 or less.

The more I think about it, the whole team is held accountable, and there are way too many points to be made as to why they are all held accountable, but the first two are probably most relavant from a financial perspective.

Comment

Working...
                      X