Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jake's Diet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body survives better on whole foods anyway and not just whey protein. That and I happen to hate my protein I currently have.

- The Jake

Comment

I never said just eat protein shakes..But that is very true. If you only consume proteins and workout hard, you will not have any carbs to burn so your body will start to burn protein instead. That will decrease the amount of protein your tissues will be able to use. Also carbs have a major impact on protein metabolism and net protein balance during your training. "Current research suggests that athletes wishing to increase muscle mass and strength might be advised to ingest high-quality protein and carbohydrate immediately before exercise in order to increase amino acid availability when uptake by the exercising muscles is elevated."

Comment

That's all well and true.

But it doesn't alter the fact my protein powder tastes like ****.

- The Jake

Comment

Very true, i bought some GNC protein, but it doesn't taste teh same as the Designer i had, so i gotta get used to it.

Comment

This is the drawback to buying protein in bulk (4kg tubs).

Doh....

- The Jake

Comment

thats what about 9 lbs right?...That is a lot, i bought a 6lb tub

Comment

Yeah it's ****loads.

Although today I scraped the bottom of the tub. Won't be much longer now and then I can get some sweet sweet chocolate protein.... straight, plain old fashioned chocolate protein....

- The Jake

Comment

Working...
                X