Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Opponent for Mayweather: Guerrero OR Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guererro for me.

Alvarez hasn't fought anyone and the only things he has that Guererro hasn't is size and power.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Guererro for me.

Alvarez hasn't fought anyone and the only things he has that Guererro hasn't is size and power.
      if alvarez fought the recent guys on guerrero's resume he still would be looked at as having not fought anybody.

so in the scheme of potential mayweather opponents at 154, neither have strong resume.

i want guerrero to get the fight too, though. he's a beast. im a big fan after the berto fight. the money will be there for alvarez with or without floyd mayweather in 2013.

is that harold johnson in your new avvy?
      and who is his dance partner?

gonna go full guess on this one, as there's not much face to look at, and say "archie moore?"

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        if alvarez fought the recent guys on guerrero's resume he still would be looked at as having not fought anybody.

so in the scheme of potential mayweather opponents at 154, neither have strong resume.

i want guerrero to get the fight too, though. he's a beast. im a big fan after the berto fight. the money will be there for alvarez with or without floyd mayweather in 2013.

is that harold johnson in your new avvy?
        and who is his dance partner?

gonna go full guess on this one, as there's not much face to look at, and say "archie moore?"
        If Mayweather fights Guererro I assume it will be at 147.

And I'd say Guererro beating Berto is far and beyond better than anything Alvarez has done. I think it's clear his resume is much better.

Alvarez would destroy everyone Guererro's fought but that's due to size. Like I said, the only thing I personally think Alvarez has on Guererro is size and power.

Now, If Alvarez impressively beats the Cotto-Trout winner, or Kirkland, Molina etc then I'd prefer him. But right now? I'd rather Guerrero. He's more proven and the better fighter IMO.

And yeah, that's Johnson of course Who'd have guessed. And you're right, he's a long side his arch nemesis Archie Moore. Not sure which of the 5 fights this one was they were promoting there though. Think it was the 5th.

Comment

I'm about the same on both. Before Guerrero best Berto to China and back, I would have preferred Alvarez but the Ghost has been tested and deserves this shot more and I probably would like to see him next if it was just down to these two guys

Comment

And I'd say Guererro beating Berto is far and beyond better than anything Alvarez has done. I think it's clear his resume is much better.

Alvarez would destroy everyone Guererro's fought but that's due to size. Like I said, the only thing I personally think Alvarez has on Guererro is size and power.

Now, If Alvarez impressively beats the Cotto-Trout winner, or Kirkland, Molina etc then I'd prefer him. But right now? I'd rather Guerrero. He's more proven and the better fighter IMO.

And yeah, that's Johnson of course Who'd have guessed. And you're right, he's a long side his arch nemesis Archie Moore. Not sure which of the 5 fights this one was they were promoting there though. Think it was the 5th.
            i guessed moore because of the plaid!

guerrero is the more appropriate opponent. if it's at 147 it's not a horrid fight, considering guerrero's work of late at the weight. guerrero has also grown on me a good deal after the berto fight. he looked possessed. only a few years ago he'd run the risk of looking disinterested in his fights. maybe the condition of his wife really did have that much of an effect on his preparation. there's just no way you can be 100% when your wife and the mother of your children is all but dying.

i'd pick alvarez to stop guerrero, though, and along those lines i think he offers up a tougher fight. i can't say for certain, as alvarez is still a largely unproven quantity, the way most 23 year old boxers are.

i'll also say this, they're probably all on the gas,
            guerrero's chest is all of a sudden f#cking massve

Comment

a bit off topic, but are you as open to the possibility of trout beating cotto as i am?
              i'm thinking they might rob him. he's huge, a southpaw, skilled, and in his prime.

Comment

I want floyd vs canelo.

Comment

i guessed moore because of the plaid!

guerrero is the more appropriate opponent. if it's at 147 it's not a horrid fight, considering guerrero's work of late at the weight. guerrero has also grown on me a good deal after the berto fight. he looked possessed. only a few years ago he'd run the risk of looking disinterested in his fights. maybe the condition of his wife really did have that much of an effect on his preparation. there's just no way you can be 100% when your wife and the mother of your children is all but dying.

i'd pick alvarez to stop guerrero, though, and along those lines i think he offers up a tougher fight. i can't say for certain, as alvarez is still a largely unproven quantity, the way most 23 year old boxers are.

i'll also say this, they're probably all on the gas,
                  guerrero's chest is all of a sudden f#cking massve
                  I think if it's Guererro it will almost certainly be at 147. Mayweather's really small at 154. I don't think he intends on staying there other than big fights (Cotto, Alvarez and perhaps Martinez)

Guererro's definitely has an impressive year, moved up 2 weight classes and beaten two top 10 WW's. Being outweighed in both.

But, I only want to see it if Mayweather fights twice next year. I'll be disappointed if his sole fight of the year is with Guererro. But, we'll see. Whoever he fights next I will be in attendance.

Guererro's back story is amazing. That's why I think it will happen next. It's a story that the public will eat up.

As for Alavrez, I don't rate him but if he fights Cotto next and destroy's him then I'd love to see him and Mayweather. I'd just rather him prove himself first before that fight happens.

And Guererro being on the juice, I'm not sure It's hard to tell who is and isn't these days.

Comment

a bit off topic, but are you as open to the possibility of trout beating cotto as i am?
                    i'm thinking they might rob him. he's huge, a southpaw, skilled, and in his prime.
                    I think Trout's a live dog, no question.

He's unproven but he's big, skilled and fast and seems to have that desire in him.

I still think Cotto will win but it's a huge fight for him. It's a fight that will define his run at 154.

I absolutely can't wait for this fight.

Comment

Alvarez would be the tougher fight on size alone really. This is the fight I'd rather see.

Comment

Working...
                      X