No announcement yet.

How is floyd gonna avoid pac's straight left all night long

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    He couldn't pull the trigger for a reason, he was being countered.

You're telling me he could pull the trigger in the first two rounds, but suddenly became shot in round 3?

There's a reason he wasn't letting go... because he could no longer find the target, and when he did, he would be slipped and countered.
    come on man... shane hasn't been prime for a long time now.. did you see the sergio mora fight? did you see the pacquiao fight? 2 years is a long time to be inactive when you're in your late thirty's.. shane was obviously not the same as he was against margarito when he showed up against mayweather after his 2 year inactivity.

Oscar de la hoya said it himself... look at mayweather's last 5 fights

Mosley- Shot
    Marquez- little guy
    Hatton- Little guy
    Oscar- Shot
    Baldomir- are you ****ing kidding me?

Ortiz is gonna be the biggest test mayweather has had in a long time, and pacquiao is 3 times what ortiz is.

Comment

Keep his lead foot outside of the mannys lead foot...there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
        How will he put pressure on Pac? Pac seems to have the better chin and without a doubt has much more power. Floyds best bet is to try and put on a boxing clinic against Pac and avoid exchanges at all costs.
        Why do you say Pac's chin is better?

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
          He couldn't pull the trigger for a reason, he was being countered.

You're telling me he could pull the trigger in the first two rounds, but suddenly became shot in round 3?

There's a reason he wasn't letting go... because he could no longer find the target, and when he did, he would be slipped and countered.
          He was gassed early and he we saw in his next two fights more of the same. Floyd is a great fighter and of course his ability to counter played a role in shane looking so bad but it wasnt just that.

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
            come on man... shane hasn't been prime for a long time now.. did you see the sergio mora fight? did you see the pacquiao fight? 2 years is a long time to be inactive when you're in your late thirty's.. shane was obviously the same as he was against margarito when he showed up against mayweather after his 2 year inactivity.

Mosley- Shot
            Marquez- little guy
            Hatton- Little guy
            Oscar- Shot

Ortiz is gonna be the biggest test mayweather has had in a long time, and pacquiao is 3 times what ortiz is.

When did I say Shane was prime?

I was talking about his ability to let his hands ago until Floyd made his adjustments.

It was clear as day in the beginning rounds Mosley could throw and land... was it not?

Then Floyd started anticpating and countering Mosleys shots, and Mosley stopped throwing.

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
              come on man... shane hasn't been prime for a long time now.. did you see that pacquiao fight?

Mosley- Shot
              Marquez- little guy
              Hatton- Little guy
              Oscar- Shot

I think Oscar was just trying to help Ortiz's confidence a little. Remember before all these fights Oscar always says Floyds opponent is dangerous, after Floyds fights Oscars the first one to say how hes the bes and nobody can beat him.

The fact that four out of those five fighters were current champs says somrthing. Besides baldo floyd only fought him to ge ready for Oscar and because at the time everyone was saying he was ducking him.

Comment

Originally posted by vincebond View Post
                Why do you say Pac's chin is better?
                Im not sure if its better but it seems to be that way now based off of Pacs recent ww opponents not being able to hurt him and Floyd getting rocked badly when hit by Shane.

Comment

o.k all i'm gonna say is that Ortiz is gonna give mayweather some problems on September 17.. I still pick mayweather to win, but it's not gonna be easy for him.

and Pacquiao is gonna be an even bigger problem- because of his speed, stamina, heart and most importantly, his experience. Pac's been fighting at the highest level for a long time now and he'll be the only experienced fighter floyd has fought in his near physical prime.
                  Last edited by Paclan; 09-05-2011, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                    He was gassed early and he we saw in his next two fights more of the same. Floyd is a great fighter and of course his ability to counter played a role in shane looking so bad but it wasnt just that.
                    Shane got dominated. You can literally watch the fight and see Floyd make his adjustments. Shane was in there to survive.

Same thing with Manny shane was only trying to survive after he realized he couldnt compete only difference is Floyd walked shane down the rest of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetscience18 View Post
                      Shane got dominated. You can literally watch the fight and see Floyd make his adjustments. Shane was in there to survive.

Same thing with Manny shane was only trying to survive after he realized he couldnt compete only difference is Floyd walked shane down the rest of the fight.
                      Im not saying he didnt get dominated.

Comment

Working...
                      X