No announcement yet.

Maidana reminds me of Mayorga.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maidana reminds me of Mayorga.

But with less looping punches. He has better boxing skills than Mayorga as well. I can't see him holding a title belt for long.

But against Ortiz, he was losing and he was getting picked apart until Ortiz threw out his boxing skills as soon as he thought he had Maidana on the ropes and decided to become a slugger like Maidana. And that was to Maidana's advantage. Maidana was throwing some haymakers which Ortiz was, for some bizarre reason, he could not avoid. His jabs was non-existant. He went from being a 22 year old "veteran" to a 22 year old rookie in one round. It's crazy.

I predict that Ortiz will win in their rematch.

Originally posted by SnoopySmurf View Post
    But with less looping punches. He has better boxing skills than Mayorga as well. I can't see him holding a title belt for long.

But against Ortiz, he was losing and he was getting picked apart until Ortiz threw out his boxing skills as soon as he thought he had Maidana on the ropes and decided to become a slugger like Maidana. And that was to Maidana's advantage. Maidana was throwing some haymakers which Ortiz was, for some bizarre reason, he could not avoid. His jabs was non-existant. He went from being a 22 year old "veteran" to a 22 year old rookie in one round. It's crazy.

u think there will be a rematch???

Comment

There better be a rematch! Ortiz needs to vindicate himself.

Comment

Mayorga had a much better chin, was more skilled and confident. Maidana is crude and nervous looking in the ring and that nervous habit he has of pulling on his trunks is going to get him KTFO.

Comment

He reminds me of Carlos Maussa.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Rebel View Post
            Mayorga had a much better chin, was more skilled and confident. Maidana is crude and nervous looking in the ring and that nervous habit he has of pulling on his trunks is going to get him KTFO.
            Chin and confidence ok, but skill? LOL Mayorga was probably the most unskilled fighter Ive ever seen make it to the big stages. To me its suprising he even became undisputed WW champ a couple of years ago. Mayorga didnt even know what a proper boxing stance is (look at his fight with DLH)

Comment

Maidana was hesitant just a moment, until he realized that Ortíz was really quick and hard puncher. But thats also when he knows for sure he is provenly harder puncher than him and he can still deliver at the same speed or better. hes not? take a closer look at round 5 and tell me he is not that quickhand slugger.

fast, hard puncher, strong chin. I cant really see why he should be worried of not being gifted, talented if the top class fighters in this div are the kind of Kotelniks or Khans.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopySmurf View Post

Mayorga was faster and far more sturdy.

Maidana almost fell when they took off his robe.

Comment

Originally posted by Deja_Vous View Post
                  Mayorga was faster and far more sturdy.

Maidana almost fell when they took off his robe.
                  it saddens me to say that you made me laugh

Comment

Working...
                  X