No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Mayweather is Slowing Down, More Hittable Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: Mayweather is Slowing Down, More Hittable Now

In a recent interview with The Philippine Star, trainer Freddie Roach discussed Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s recent knockout victory over Victor Ortiz. After watching Mayweather's twelve round domination of Shane Molsey in May 2010, the hall-of-fame trainer believed the former five division champion was showing signs of slowing down and he was becoming more hittable. After watching the fight with Ortiz, Roach still maintains the same belief.

[Click Here To Read More]

Thanks for proving who's really been stalling this whole time

Comment

Roach talks bad about Floyd Part 243...

If Floyd is so hitable tell that Bob Arum that we get this fight man...i think they want to wait till Floyd is 60 and his defense isnt that masterful no more...

Comment

When i see floyd fight i wonder why people cant seem to hit him much. He doesnt seem to do anything out of the ordinary, and im thinking are you useless why cant you land much on him? THinking i could hit Floyd at will if i wanted to.

Of course Floyd is still hard to hit though even without the footwork.

Comment

exactly. floyd is the kind of guy that will hit you with your back turned

Comment

so first Roach says Mayweather is running from fighters and boring, and now that since he's doing what people wanted and fighting toe to toe, hes slowing down and hittable. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              When i see floyd fight i wonder why people cant seem to hit him much. He doesnt seem to do anything out of the ordinary, and im thinking are you useless why cant you land much on him? THinking i could hit Floyd at will if i wanted to.

Its called skill and quickness

Much harder than it looks

Comment

Really? And what round wld u be speakin of regarding him slowing down? Becuz what I saw was clear domination thru all the rounds, I mean I know u think Floyd is super human and isn't supposed to get it! But he did get hit! So does ur boy Manny! Cmon Roach ur a great guy and a great handicapper of the game! U know Manny will be exposed fight Money May! Its funny how dan rafael, jim Lampley and several analyst all said that Money May hasn't lost a step and looks sharper than ever! What happened to u Freddie, you used to train hungry fighters that wld come in ur gym! No u train MMA stars, do TV and just ride Manny's and Amir Khan's coat tails!

Comment

Stating the obvious. He is more hittable. But the reflex slowdown does not mean he is not an elite fighter no more.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

Its because of his eye reflex coordination and how efficient he is , he dont waste nothing , he slips punches by 1/2 an inch you can really see it in slow motion , havent you heard him say they all think it easy until they in with him its a different perspective when facing him , Floyd is so brilliant lots of people cant comprehend what he is doing , thats the reason most fighters think so highly of Floyds ability because they know , where the arm chair fans have no idea they can see only the bash most of the time .

Comment

Working...
                    X