No announcement yet.

Joe Calzaghe is really ****ing good.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
    His resume is still weak for prime opponents. That being said, I'm done bashing Joe. He really impressed me last night. He's an akward guy all the way around, but there's no more calling this guy overrated. Joe Calzaghe has earned my respect.
    Well said. And I'm perfectly fine with him retiring, Dawson or not.

Comment

If you've followed Calslappy's career for any length of time you'd see that he's really shown everything. He has the skill to outbox, the pop to out power and the workrate to outwork and in every fight he's done the thing that left him in the best position. He's looked **** against opponents that other guys would dominate but he's dominated against opponents that other guys would struggle with.

I've seen him get up of the floor to win several times, I've seen him break his hand and win with the jab, and much as he's a ****o who showboats a bit too much he certainly has the ability. It's pretty ludicrous to suggest that he hasn't/

Comment

I was pumped when Roy dropped him in that first round, but as usual Calzaghe stayed strong and made adjustments. His straight left is the only punch of his that seems to hurt his opponents and his combinations are mostly for just scoring points. With that said though he is quick and has really good reflexes as he was slipping a lot of Roy's punches. He's a smart fighter no doubt about that and at anytime seems to make quick adjustments and combine that with his awkwardness, durability and great stamina he's really tough to beat.

Comment

His resume is still weak for prime opponents. That being said, I'm done bashing Joe. He really impressed me last night. He's an akward guy all the way around, but there's no more calling this guy overrated. Joe Calzaghe has earned my respect.
          Indeed, he's earned my respect as well.

Comment

Roy was obviously a shell of himself and that impressed you.

Umm NO.

Comment

I'm sorry but I will never consider him a great.

A very good fighter who eked out every ounce of talent he could have. Hall of Fame for longevity and going unbeaten for so long, yes.

But I don't like his style, her personality, his skillset and I don't think he could hang with prime Hopkins or RJJ. I mean, they both put him on his ass before gassing after 6 rounds. That, to me anyway, gives an indication what would have happened if they'd have met years ago.

Beating a shot RJJ doesn't raise him in my eyes. I'm just more sad for RJJ than anything else, really. A guy who he would probably knocked out in his prime was taking the piss, and there was nothing he could do about it.

Comment

Working...
              X