• Show
Clear All

• Duran vs. Tszyu

What happens?

duran by late stoppage.

Comment

tszyu by ko in 6.

Comment

Duran stops him in the mid-late rounds. It'd be vince Phillips-esque.

Comment

Duran has one of the best beards ever. He didn't get stopped till very late in his career and even then it was at middle wieght. Duran also had great head movement and didn't plod in. The fight would hinge on if Tzu could keep the fight at a distance where he might have the edge or if Duran can keep the fight tight. Although Duran has a good shot even from a distance against a natural 140lber.

Comment

Duran would be in Tszyu's chest, smothering Kostya's power and beating on his ribs at the same time. Duran would get a later round stoppage, IMO; and possibly mid-rounds. Duran could punch at 140.

Comment

tszyu reminds me somewhat of joe louis. he had a fightplan and stuck to it well, but wasn't the best at improvising extempore within the plan. there have been times through his career where he needed to have a 'changeup pitch' - basically, he needed to at least SOME of the time be able to come forward and apply duran-style pressure better than he did.

too often, if he was forced onto the back foot, he did it somewhat halfheartedly, and was liable to catch counters. he had a tendecny to underuse a superb jab too. when he stuck to his jab more he looked a lot better even in his patchier performances, and then he would equalize with the right hand.

equally, for a guy who was indiscreet and powerful to the body with left hooks, funnily he didn't work much downstairs. certainly not as much as i would like.

duran would outwork him but tszyu may have the cuteness to make duran look less than duran-like. it would be fun while it lasted but duran's intensity prevails.
              Last edited by Azteca; 06-29-2006, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I think it's a very tough matchup to pick. Tszyu seems to be underrated in the head-to-head sense. 140 is his domain, and I think he could make it his fight. His power was frightening, and I think Duran would attempt to swarm Tszyu. If Tszyu was at his best, he would nail Duran coming in all night with straight lefts and rights. Duran had an excellent chin, and would put some punishment on Tszyu. But I think once Duran had tasted some of Kostya's bombs, he would back off a little, and would attempt to outbox Kostya. Tszyu by decision.

Comment

duran by UD..probably would somether tszyu and tszyu wouldnt be able to get his punches off

Comment

Originally posted by Azteca
                    tszyu reminds me somewhat of joe louis. he had a fightplan and stuck to it well, but wasn't the best at improvising extempore within the plan. there have been times through his career where he needed to have a 'changeup pitch' - basically, he needed to at least SOME of the time be able to come forward and apply duran-style pressure better than he did.

too often, if he was forced onto the back foot, he did it somewhat halfheartedly, and was liable to catch counters. he had a tendecny to underuse a superb jab too. when he stuck to his jab more he looked a lot better even in his patchier performances, and then he would equalize with the right hand.

equally, for a guy who was indiscreet and powerful to the body with left hooks, funnily he didn't work much downstairs. certainly not as much as i would like.

duran would outwork him but tszyu may have the cuteness to make duran look less than duran-like. it would be fun while it lasted but duran's intensity prevails.

before the phillips lose tszyu was a terror of a fighter, he was relentless, walked throw a lot of his opponets punchs, but after phillips he was more of a boxer and he used timing a lot to beat a fighter to the put or a jab to set everything up.

but duran v. tzyu, duran is all wrong for tzyu, tzyu had lots of problems with hatton and with duran it'd be worse. Duran woudl muall (sp) him, and pound and pound him. I think he'd get a tko. if the first tszyu showed up (before phillips) it'd be a war of wars but still duran would get a early tko. if the second tzyu showed up(after phillips) i think he'd give more movemnt and angle to duran but i still see a late tko.

do you happen to have tzyu v. hector lopez? I remember this was a war and lopez was a good fighter that a young tzyu fought, i remember this fight just being a war or wars.

Comment

Working...
                    X