No announcement yet.

Why was Brandon Rios vs Abril on PPV? Golden Boy's CEO answers [TRUE HD]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
    dude is 100% chill and honest, he could have bashed arum/top rank and instead actually gave props.......

just curious, has any boxer ever claimed to be done wrong by shaefer?... its no surprise mayweather said he's the best... i really dont understand how some boxers would choose arum over him.. although i believe the tide is starting to turn
    can you please elaborate as well?

Comment

A fair and honest explanation of the situation....it also explains why hopkins-dawson was ppv

myself, i like the way bute and froch are going...they make the fight regardless of hbo or showtime because they can sell tickets...(of course the fight will be picked up by british tv)

Comment

Foch v Bute was picked up by Epix. Not exactly HBO Or Sho, but it's getting American TV. Although US TV is not as important in that fight as it will get big Canada TV as well as UK TV.

Comment

Why? Cuz Mr. Prozac always overestimate the PPV number. Probably Brandon was gonna generate 500k PPV by himself.

2nd reason? And cuz he can.

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
            A fair and honest explanation of the situation....it also explains why hopkins-dawson was ppv
            Hopkins vs. Dawson I was different though. HBO simply just ran out of money, that's why the first fight was on PPV.

Comment

don't know why the **** people comparing that card situation to Hopkins vs Dawson a fight that was in demand between the two best LHW showtime and HBO would have bought that fight if the timing was right. Rios vs Abril was a **** fight had it been Rios vs lets say Alvarado then networks would've put up the money for it.

fights like Rios vs Abril and Cotto vs Mayorga don't need to happen its not like Toprank had no options they just insist on putting their big names in mismatches look what they been doing to Cotto, Pacquiao, Donaire, Chavez Jr, Juanma and so on ...

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Hitter View Post
                It's a good point, you never hear fighters that have worked w/ GBP complain about Richard. Why do fighters still prefer TR tho? Pretty simple, they're still the biggest and richest prompter that consistently build stars. GBP is still a young promotion company, and haven't built a superstar. But w/ Alvarez, Ortiz, Russel, Broener they can make 4 examples right there.(not taking a position on there actual skills, just star potential)
                Erislandy Lara

Comment

Working...
                X