No announcement yet.

Fighting On The Inside

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting On The Inside

Hey, i find that when im fighting real close on the inside i cant seem to be able to get any power or really make my body swing to get hard hitting punches. also i cant seem to be able to get back at my preferable distance when fighting without takin a couple hits. any advice is very much appreciated.

Originally posted by Dyl-G
    Hey, i find that when im fighting real close on the inside i cant seem to be able to get any power or really make my body swing to get hard hitting punches. also i cant seem to be able to get back at my preferable distance when fighting without takin a couple hits. any advice is very much appreciated.
    great post, i kind of have the same problem, but it must be thatthe headgear bothers me alot

Comment

Originally posted by Dyl-G

Better lateral movement will help that, you need to gain some more flexibility with your upperbody, I recommend yoga...To pull power from close distance is having a solid base and able to twist and come back very hard....Give it a try and see how it works, but keep your head straight and focused.

Comment

The writtten word can't help you.

Your trainer is gonna have to get through to you as you're sparring.....& work on what he sees you're doing wrong in there.
        Maybe you're just not suited for fighting inside ?

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff
          The writtten word can't help you.

Your trainer is gonna have to get through to you as you're sparring.....& work on what he sees you're doing wrong in there.
          Maybe you're just not suited for fighting inside ?
          True, its very hard to explain technique in writting.

Dyl-G, If your not power punching on the inside now its very hard to change it, watch some good punchers on TV and see how they get the leverage on the inside, then get in the gym and work on it with your coach.

Comment

you must use mroe thanyour arms to punch

if you threow the hook make sure you put your whole body into it
            make sure you use your piviot and turn your foot inward

make sure you twist your body with the punch and your shoulders

and make sure your on balance

the power doesnt jsut coem form the punch its the whole technique of throwing them
            get into the habbit of throwing short hooks to the heavybag fast with the right movement

Comment

make sure you're pivoting your shoulders and hips when you punch

Comment

Working...
              X